Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Image available for VU+ Solo2 in 2015 - VIX / BlackHole/ Any other?

Options
  • 06-05-2015 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

What is the best and latest image available for VU+ Solo2 in 2015? I have OpenPLI installed and I would like to know whether there is any other good option available for me - Features, Stability, performance etc.

I want to move away from Open PLI as it is giving me troubles. When I scan channels get listed in the channel list and when I try to play it for some of the channels I am getting the error "Service not Found, (SID not found in PAT) etc.

Should I go for BlackHole or VIX or any other images?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭swoofer

ok heres a tip for you go to linux-support.com and join up, scroll to solo2 images and have a good read. I no longer have the time to mess about with setting up images so I opted for a solo2 backup image ie someone else did all the hard work. I currently have openatv 4.2 back up and its a dream. Its a while since I changed from Vix and BH and openpli and this one rocks. You can have 2 cams running etc. I cant actually remember which backup it is but it has tspanel, tsmedia, mediastream. timers and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TestLink

Does openatv 4.2 has all the features of OpenPLI and VIX? Is it easy to configure?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭swoofer

It probably has more, bear in mind a backup image is already configured. the one I used is by @tytus 56 and it had tsmedia ver 7.95. I may have added my own bits using tspanel but its before xmas so I cant remember. I wont do much messing until winter!!

And it may depend how much you know etc and how much freetime you have and is the box used by everyone, I have solo2 for my own use.

The backups keep getting updated and openatv updates every night!! I tend to leave it alone.

@swoofer

Thanks for the reply.
    Would I be able to download the plugins , softcams etc from the openatv menu directly or do I have to do it manually. I am not a Linux person to be honest. I have had a reading about openatv and some users are complaining about difficulties with configuring / bit techie knowledge required etc. Is it true?

Also swoofer, Would you be able to answer my pm.

I read on their website that openatv Version 5 is going to be released soon. Would it automatically download and upgrade from 4.2 to this new version? If not, So I would wait till then.

Also the OPENaTV website is in Dutch. I would have been better that the whole website is in English rather than Dutch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

Openatv vu+ solo2 5.0 17052015
    http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/5.0/index.php?open=vusolo2

ITguru there,s a english section aswell just use google chrome Browser or if you use firefox just install Translator from addons in firefox.

And your good to go .

Is version 5.x still in development (Beta version)?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

Yea most of the image teams are in beta mode but stable at this stage with the new OE core 3.0 but these teams won,t release anything that has,nt been tested first .

And the latest openatv has the 11/5/15 drivers which fixed some bugs .

As well i,d install the linuxsat support ipk as members have stated in some threads here great tool to have for your box.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭MrTrebus

ITguru wrote: »
    What is the best and latest image available for VU+ Solo2 in 2015? I have OpenPLI installed and I would like to know whether there is any other good option available for me - Features, Stability, performance etc.

I want to move away from Open PLI as it is giving me troubles. When I scan channels get listed in the channel list and when I try to play it for some of the channels I am getting the error "Service not Found, (SID not found in PAT) etc.

Should I go for BlackHole or VIX or any other images?

mate,
    AFAIK, that error message occurs because some of the channels have switched transponders, a rescan of the effected sat should sort ya !!

For what its worth as well, Ive been using the VTi image and rarely have any issues with it

Although I did try one of those backup images before,Ive found the VTi suits my needs and is the least amount of hassle !

good luck with it all :)

Thanks guys, I installed VIX and working fine now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement