Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike to Work - Trek vs Cube

Options
  • 06-05-2015 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've been looking at some options for the bike to work and would appreciate some advice. I've found a deal that offers the Trek 1.2 with a load of trimmings for the €1000 (shorts and a few bits and pieces). The other deal is the Cube Peloton with a similar package. The spec of the bikes (to my untrained eye) seems similar enough, so any guidance on differences would be appreciated.

Alternatively I'm tempted to just go up a rank on the Cube and get the Peloton Race for close to €1000 and get the trimmings online.

I used to commute by bike everyday in London but got away with a single speed as the route was flat as a pancake, hence little knowledge of road bikes, but really enjoyed it so I'd like to get in to doing longer distances.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

Greenhawk wrote: »
    I've been looking at some options for the bike to work and would appreciate some advice. I've found a deal that offers the Trek 1.2 with a load of trimmings for the €1000 (shorts and a few bits and pieces). The other deal is the Cube Peloton with a similar package. The spec of the bikes (to my untrained eye) seems similar enough, so any guidance on differences would be appreciated.

Alternatively I'm tempted to just go up a rank on the Cube and get the Peloton Race for close to €1000 and get the trimmings online.

I used to commute by bike everyday in London but got away with a single speed as the route was flat as a pancake, hence little knowledge of road bikes, but really enjoyed it so I'd like to get in to doing longer distances.

Seems to be a big waiting time for the Peloton race at the moment, I had the option of a 5 week wait or go with a different bike, so I went with the Peloton SL for a few quid extra. Not sure your bike shop would be the same but definitely something to consider, cube can't seem to keep up with the demand at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Daithi101

I started on a trek 1.2 with basic enough groupset. My commute is circa 45k roundtrip. I am now only changing the groupset after nearly 2 and a half years... Couldn't fault them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

Daithi101 wrote: »
    I started on a trek 1.2 with basic enough groupset. My commute is circa 45k roundtrip. I am now only changing the groupset after nearly 2 and a half years... Couldn't fault them at all.
    Me too. Almost the same. Group set served me very well with a little care. But ended up with a summer bike eventually and the trek is a winter hack

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭fillup

Daithi101 wrote: »

+1 on the Trek. The 1.2 is my weekend bike at the mo and while I'm currently in the market for a new bike I'm depending on the Trek to haul my ass around the WW200 in a few weeks

Have a Trek 1.5, after putting 1,500km on it still very happy with it.

There are better deals out there but the 1.2 is a good bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

ronoc wrote: »
    Have a Trek 1.5, after putting 1,500km on it still very happy with it.

There are better deals out there but the 1.2 is a good bike.

What better deals in your opinion are there? Only for my own knowledge.

Advertisement