Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self-published authors?

Options
  • 06-05-2015 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I was just wondering how self-published authors here found their editors and cover artists. Did you look online? Were people recommended to you? Or did you stumble across them by chance?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dandyelevan

I self-published one of my books.
    The cover I designed myself, as I did with the others.
    My editor was a chap I went to school with and became a School Principal.
    The project worked out well, though we didn't agree on a few small points, but the decision really lies with the author.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Kidsstories

I self-published one of my books.
    The cover I designed myself, as I did with the others.
    My editor was a chap I went to school with and became a School Principal.
    The project worked out well, though we didn't agree on a few small points, but the decision really lies with the author.

I found a few good illustrators on a web called fiver.com. Very cheap and there's editors etc on it. Definitely worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I know a good editor, who used to work for major publishers, now freelances. She won't take anything which is awful, but is not expensive if the book is in good shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Watch Ryder

I used a website artists post their stock artwork too. Very affordable. Better than DIY (unless you are an actual artist) and much more affordable. Not quite the standard of commissioned artwork, but if you look hard enough you'll be able to find something.

http://www.selfpubbookcovers.com

Advertisement