Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Grad to work in Guidance and Counselling

Options
  • 06-05-2015 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,
    I have over 20 years people and project management experience in IT and Management Consulting organisations. I am looking to change career and exploring Guidance and Counselling with a view to setting up a private practise. I would ideally like to be able to provide guidance to both adults and secondary school students (outside of school obviously).

I have looked at all qualifications recognised by the igc, ncge & the DES.

UL, UCC and DCU all have mid week commitments which will not work with me as I am working part time.

Maynotth offer a post grad diploma in adult guidance & counselling - distance education with one workshop per month.
    Trinity offer a Master in Education, Guidance and Counselling - taught course you must attend every Friday - I can do this.

I have spoken to both colleges and both have encouraged me to apply.

I am interested in hearing from anyone who has studied studied either of these courses, how did you find them, any reocmmendations, what are the study commitments outside of the course time.

Any other thoughts, opinions or input is welcome.

Advertisement