Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Prescription Medicine Abroad

Options
  • 05-05-2015 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what the law is on buying prescription medicine abroad, for personal use? (Within the EU if that matters) Is it legal? If so, what are the limits on how much can be brought in? Also, can you purchase it for a family member or does the person they're for have to be travelling too?

Been trying to find out online but most things I find seems to relate to people buying the medicine online, which is illegal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

It depends on the country. No two are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

I recently bought prescription birth control (prescribed here by GP) in the canaries for €3.19 a pack-the same is €10.60 here, not counting the €50 for the GP. No idea re quantities or legality though, can't even think where you'd look! The thing is, a lot of meds that are prescription here are t prescription there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

It depends on the country. No two are the same.
    Looking at Spain because I know it's been got there before, but never had an idea on limits/legality of it. Can anyone clarify?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

thebuzz wrote: »
    Looking at Spain because I know it's been got there before, but never had an idea on limits/legality of it. Can anyone clarify?

I don't know what the legal situation is but I've often stocked up on meds in Spain. It's much cheaper for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Hi, has anyone here got prescription medicine from Portugal and brought it back? Any problems?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

What exactly are you looking to buy

Advertisement