Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring exams 2015

Options
  • 05-05-2015 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭

Just realised that we have no thread for these? :)

I've got 2 exams, which will (hopefully) be my last ever exams!

How's everyone doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

I now only have five exams left before I graduate; two more this semester and then three this time next year. Whooo :D

I had my first exam today, and Jesus I thought I was going to collapse in the room with the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

4pm starts are the best thing ever

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

My exam tomorrow is at 12:30! Was convinced it was at 9!

My joy at the thought of an extra 3 hours cramming should say a lot about my readiness... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

Midkemia wrote: »
    4pm starts are the best thing ever

Not if its a Saturday :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

First exam in just over four hours.....it could either be excellent or awful, there'll be no inbetween :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

First exam yesterday. Should have been the easiest but it was very meh. Have three more. Last one is going to be horrible and we've only a day to study it...

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

I have taken a module and would like to improve my final exam result so I can improve my overall QCA.

Is it possible to repeat the module as a extra module next year.

If so, and provided I improve on my previous result, would this count towards my overall QCA?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭shazzerman

I have taken a module and would like to improve my final exam result so I can improve my overall QCA.

Is it possible to repeat the module as a extra module next year.

If so, and provided I improve on my previous result, would this count towards my overall QCA?

Evidently, Chickentown. Naw, I don't know for sure. Just couldn't resist that reply.

Do you mean to repeat that module on its own next year or to do it alongside next years modules?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

sibby wrote: »
    Do you mean to repeat that module on its own next year or to do it alongside next years modules?

Think they mean do it alongside next year's, so they'd be doing 6 modules instead of 5 for example.

I briefly looked into this previously as I got a C3 in a module I knew I could have done better in. I don't think it is possible since you've completed the module and are progressing to the next part of your course. But I'm not in any way certain on this.

• Advertisement

Oh I see! Well as far as I'm aware it isn't allowed as you need to have cleared all exams for a certain year along with a qca above 2 in order to progress to the next year.

I'm open to correction but I think if you failed your repeat in say 2nd year you'd need to do that module as a link in (on its own) before you can go to 3rd year and do 3rd year modules.

Oh I see! Well as far as I'm aware it isn't allowed as you need to have cleared all exams for a certain year along with a qca above 2 in order to progress to the next year.

I'm open to correction but I think if you failed your repeat in say 2nd year you'd need to do that module as a link in (on its own) before you can go to 3rd year and do 3rd year modules.

Ah, I might be misinterpreting their post, but I read it as though they've actually passed the module (say got a C3), but want to repeat it alongside next year's modules so they can bump that up to improve the QCA.

My thinking on it when I was looking to do it was "Well, I technically have passed all the modules, and my QCA is above 2.0, so why can't I progress to the next year, and still link-in that module?"

On exams, the one on Wednesday went a bit sh*te. Twas only 30%, answer 3 questions, but I only had one answer I was any way happy with. Another was mediocre and another was dire. :(

One to go, and I'm done with exams in UL (unless I end up doing a masters here... I thought there were no masters in UL that interested me, then Lero go and offer one that is basically exactly what I want... :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

Do it alongside next years modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Had my second exam today that went grand enough, goddamn derivation threw me off. It was 5 questions, do q1 and any 2 others. I did every single question fully, except for the stupid derivation part of a question that I didnt bother to learn.

My next exam isnt until next Saturday which is a balls. 7 whole days to study for an exam is far too long.

Advertisement