Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-Enabling Nexus For OTA Updates

Options
  • 05-05-2015 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

OK so I rooted and unlocked my Nexus 6 and Nexus 7. However I don't need root for the Nexus 6 anymore. OTA updates don't work on rooted devices.

How would I go about locking and unrooting to make OTA updates work again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Maybe you can cloak your rooted device http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/mod-rootcloak-completely-hide-root-t2574647

I haven't tried this myself but I'm also missing OTA updates on my Z1 so I might give this a try later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Found out the best way is to flash stock off XDA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭corkie

Mourinho wrote: »
    OK so I rooted and unlocked my Nexus 6 and Nexus 7. However I don't need root for the Nexus 6 anymore. OTA updates don't work on rooted devices.

How would I go about locking and unrooting to make OTA updates work again?

Just flash the latest factory image for your Nexus 6 (can be done without wiping data)

Noticed there is three different 5.1 versions for it, so not sure which one is the correct one for your device. Maybe flash your current version and then update by OTA!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

corkie wrote: »
    Just flash the latest factory image for your Nexus 6 (can be done without wiping data)

Noticed there is three different 5.1 versions for it, so not sure which one is the correct one for your device. Maybe flash your current version and then update by OTA!

I flashed 5.0 then let it update OTA to 5.1 last night :)

Advertisement