Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

PRIUS Squeal

Options
  • 05-05-2015 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi Members,
    I have a front wheel squeal from my 2007 Toyota Prius with 120,000 Km
    It comes and goes.I replaced the front pads and its still there occasionally .The car now has a hum over 75 kpm.

I suspect a sticky caliper which now may have led to a front bearing going.
    Has anyone had a similar experience with a prius?

Where is the best garage in Meath or Dublin to get a sticky caliper or front wheel bearing replaced,repaired.(Independent or Toyota)
    Many thanks for all help.
    Jerry

Comments

Haven't had such a problem even after 230,000 Kms when I sold it.

I don't think a front bearing would cause a squeal but more a rumbling.

Can't recommend any Dublin mechanics, I would recommend a Toyota dealer because of the prius being the car it is a lot mechanics won't have experience with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭jerryg

Ah thanks for the reply Mad lad,it appears as if all prius owners have never had this problem.
    I went to Malones garage a Toyota garage in Navan and it turns out to be a wheel bearing.It is being repaired tomorrow.
    Thanks again for replying Mad Lad.
    N.B. if you are working on a Prius make sure to disconnect the battery in the boot!!!!!!!

jerryg wrote: »
    Ah thanks for the reply Mad lad,it appears as if all prius owners have never had this problem.
    I went to Malones garage a Toyota garage in Navan and it turns out to be a wheel bearing.It is being repaired tomorrow.
    Thanks again for replying Mad Lad.
    N.B. if you are working on a Prius make sure to disconnect the battery in the boot!!!!!!!

Yeah 380 volts won't be too good for ye ! :D

That's a good one, never heard a wheel bearing squeal. At least it's nothing serious ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭jerryg

Yes it turned out to be a front left wheel bearing. It has now been replaced I should add in the end it was a rumbling sound that got louder with increasing speed. The squeal was a sticky wheel caliper or shim behind the pads which was also sorted at the dealers above. I now have a very drivable Prius.
    Happy face here
    :):):):):)

Advertisement