Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barrell Recrown in the midlands

Options
  • 05-05-2015 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Who'd be my closest gunsmith these days - Kinnegad/Mullingar region?

Need to get the Remi recrowned - and it'll likely have to be a handtool job as the barrel and receiver are all one piece.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

extremetaz wrote: »
    Who'd be my closest gunsmith these days - Kinnegad/Mullingar region?

Need to get the Remi recrowned - and it'll likely have to be a handtool job as the barrel and receiver are all one piece.

What do you mean the barrel and receiver are all one piece? What rifle is it?
    I wouldn't particularity ever want a recrown job done with hand tools if it were me.
    The crown is the last thing the bullet touched and as such is extremely important for accuracy, If it is not cut right, sharp and not concentric then your results will be poor. 99.9 of barrels can be easily removed from the action with a barrel wrench etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

juice1304 wrote: »
    99.9 of barrels can be easily removed from the action with a barrel wrench etc..

yup, but not in 1932. ;)

Remington Model 34 - inherited. It's not in the best shape but it's got sentimental value and a beautiful trigger. Accuracy isn't what I'd like it to be though and the crown is in pretty poor shape. I want to address that first to see what she can do before I decide to either de-ac and wall hang or invest and recondition. I'd love for her to give me a reliable inch at 50 yards, but if she can't then I'll be hanging her up and going for a moderated 1417.

6860967794_6c01f14b8b_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

What caliber is it ?

Gh

22LR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

If it interests you, Ive a manson reamers muzzle recrown kit. You could recrown the muzzle yourself to see if its worth salvaging

GH

• Advertisement

That'd be the very job alright.

Cheers!

PM sent.

Advertisement