Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mute ringtone when SIP VOIP client is on a call

Options
  • 05-05-2015 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a minor but really annoying problem which is getting the better of me and I'm looking for help.

I have the Media5 https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.media5corp.m5f.Media5fone installed on my OnePlus One which is running CM 12.0 Lolipop. I use the Media5 app to make certain types of business calls and I find it works very well but one major problem I have is that if I'm on a call using the app and I receive an inboind call on my normal mobile number the phone app launches and the ringtone blasts off resulting in a huge interruption to my VOIP call whilst I try to scramble and dismiss the incoming call.

I tried to set up an automated process using apps like Trigger and Tasker whereby the ringtone would remain silent if the Media5 app was in a call but I haven't been successful. Ideally I'd like the task/trigger to only kick in if the Media5 app is actually on a call rather than on standby as it remains "open" all the time but I'd live with manually terminating the Media5 app after making my call if necessary.

Any suggestions as to how I can prevent the ringtone from kicking in when I'm in a Media5 VOIP call other than manually setting the ringtone to silent before I use the Media5 app and reversing that setting afterwards?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Hi all,

I have a minor but really annoying problem which is getting the better of me and I'm looking for help.

I have the Media5 https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.media5corp.m5f.Media5fone installed on my OnePlus One which is running CM 12.0 Lolipop. I use the Media5 app to make certain types of business calls and I find it works very well but one major problem I have is that if I'm on a call using the app and I receive an inboind call on my normal mobile number the phone app launches and the ringtone blasts off resulting in a huge interruption to my VOIP call whilst I try to scramble and dismiss the incoming call.

I tried to set up an automated process using apps like Trigger and Tasker whereby the ringtone would remain silent if the Media5 app was in a call but I haven't been successful. Ideally I'd like the task/trigger to only kick in if the Media5 app is actually on a call rather than on standby as it remains "open" all the time but I'd live with manually terminating the Media5 app after making my call if necessary.

Any suggestions as to how I can prevent the ringtone from kicking in when I'm in a Media5 VOIP call other than manually setting the ringtone to silent before I use the Media5 app and reversing that setting afterwards?

Cheers.

I know this isn't what you asked but have you tried any other VOIP clients on the phone to rule out whether or not its an issue with the app or the OS?

Have you considered getting in touch with the developers of the app to see if they know of any solutions or if its a know issue with the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭54and56

I know this ism't what you asked but have you tried any other VOIP clients on the phone to rule out whether or not its an issue with the app or the OS?

Have you considered getting in touch with the developers of the app to see if they know of any solutions or if its a know issue with the app?

No and No but I'll give both a try.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭54and56

FYI Media5 Fone support confirmed that the Android OS prioritises incoming GSM calls over everything else.

Here is the exact response I got

"When your phone receives a call from your mobile provider it gives priority to it over all the other applications that are running, that means that all the open applications will be sent to background by the system, including the Media5-fone putting the VoIP call on hold.
    When the GSM call is finished and you come back to Media5-fone call, the Hold button will be still activated, you must press on it and then you could continue your SIP call.

Unfortunately there’s nothing that we can do to change this behavior, it’s by default in the built in system.
    The ringtone cannot be muted unless you manually mute it or put it on vibrate before. "

I guess if I want to use my Media phone uninterrupted I'll have to toggle on Airplane mode excluding WiFi. Not a great solution :confused:

Advertisement