Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a connecting flight

Options
  • 04-05-2015 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭

I am just wondering what is the general rule of thumb is for getting a connecting timewise. I would only have have hand luggage with me and it's a 50min layover. Is this cutting it too fine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I would say so, but it depends massively on the airport & airline. Where are you going & when?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

How long is a piece of string ?

What airport ?
    What airline ?
    Is it a "real" connecting flight, both legs on the same ticket, or two separate legs you bought on two sperate tickets, like you would do on Ryanair ?

Most "full service" airlines will not sell you connecting flights that you are unlikely to be able to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭blackwave

Its in Munich airline is Lufthansa ticket would be bought via sky scanner

• Registered Users Posts: 7,846 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

blackwave wrote: »
    Its in Munich airline is Lufthansa ticket would be bought via sky scanner
    Munich is a minimum of 30 minutes, in a terminal paid for and under the control of Lufthansa, so youve nearly double the time needed and an airline that wants you to make that connection and has the means to do so.

And should you miss the flight they have to rebook you for free, and if an overnight is needed then thats also covered under EU law

Complete tangent, but its high time Lufthansa started to route folks from Ireland via Munich rather than the depressing hole which is Frankfurt airport, and its good to see they've started despite the DUB-MUC flights being there a good number of years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,410 ✭✭✭✭cson

While this is here; can do a ATH-FRA-DUB route with a 1h10 connection time in FRA. Slightly worried that its too tight as (a) it appears to be operated by Aegean on behalf of Lufty, (b) Greece does not exactly have the best reputation for clock efficiency (c) its an evening flight so delays are more likely and (d) we're not booking direct, its one of the Skyscanner companies (tripair). Any opinions?

Alternative is an 11hr layover in FRA. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

book direct with the airline - that way you are covered in case of delays / cancellations.

Advertisement