Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to print good quality photos for a portfolio?

Options
  • 04-05-2015 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I know there are many threads already about where to go to print photos however none of the threads really suit what I'm looking for, so maybe someone here will know.

Basically, I have to submit a portfolio of all my work from over the year for my final exams - They're mainly photos of teeth, clinical and laboratory work taken with a Nikon D7100 and macro lens, and as it's my final year I really want my photos to look good (A huge chunk of our degree is based on this).

The problem is that we also have quite a lot of written work as well so it will be a combination of photos and typing - I have a lot of pages to print.
    Past students have mostly gone to Reads where they will bind and print everything which is great but I feel the quality of photos never really look great, they're quite grainy.

Does anyone know if there's anywhere else that will do good quality printing of writing & Photos? I can bind it anywhere after that.

Thanks (Sorry if this was long winded!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭solus

Give these guys a call, if they can't help I'm sure they'll put you in the right direction
    http://www.gms.ie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Give Steve (stcstc) of 360dpi a call. If he cannot help you himself he will know someone else who can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭dacogawa

CabanSail wrote: »
    Give Steve (stcstc) of 360dpi a call. If he cannot help you himself he will know someone else who can.

Yes, +1 for Steve on that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

is there a reason you cant do high quality images on separate pages?

the issue with printing high quality prints for every page, where there is a lot of text aswell is mainly cost.

if you can produce something where images are on pages without text then you could mix laser quality prints for the text with photo quality prints for the photos if that makes sense

that would be the most cost effective way

Advertisement