Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Xperia Z2 VS Z3?

Options
  • 04-05-2015 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I currently have a Sony Xperia Z Ultra which I love, especially the 6.44" screen, however I'm itching for a change and I'm thinking of going for either the Z2 or Z3, however on checking the specs there doesn't seem to be much difference specs-wise between the two at all.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Sony-Xperia-Z3,Sony-Xperia-Z2/phones/8764,8323

Just wondering is really worth the extra ~€150 or thereabouts that it commands over the Z2?

I can pick up a new Z2 for €300 so pretty tempted by that, whereas the cheapest price I can find for a Z3 is €440

Also, for anyone that bought a Z2 lately, does the Z2 still come with the DNC noise cancelling earphones - model MDR-NC31EM?

Would love to hear some feedback as I'm thinking of picking up the Z2 later on this week so want to make sure I'm making the right choice before biting the bullet so to speak :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭leche solara

Where are you seeing those prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

The Z2 is on offer in Argos atm, and I have a voucher I can use with it.

I was checking out the Z3 on Amazon.de

Not sure if the Z3 is worth ~€140 over the Z2 though?

I'm thinking that the Z2 for €300 is a pretty good deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,862 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's decent but I imagine that once Android goes over to version M (Mars bar, Malteaser, Muffin whatever) the Z3 might get the update the 2 might get left behind. Have the 2 myself and I have been impressed by how well it's keeping up.

Advertisement