Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stark arms/VFC Glock 19 review.

Options
  • 04-05-2015 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

So decided to do a review of my latest purchase. I wanted a compact, upgradeable (at the time), reliable and decently priced side arm. So after much research I decided on the Stark arms/VFC Glock 19. Are relatively new competitor to the airsoft as blow back pistol world.

Externals...

What strikes you about the pistol upon opening is the colour and finish of the slide, looks very realistic, the aluminium slide is solid, smooth, no rough edges. The lower receiver is made of very good quality polymer. Does not feel cheap to the touch, a lot better than other brand pistols out there. Trademarks galore on this beauty, they are everywhere, even the Stark arms magazines have Glock insignia all over them. It also has a serial number "GEM208" which is not unique, and a patent number embossed on the pistol grip, nice little touches.

2391b3c9-7c1f-4f69-8a24-b160357249cc_zpsamf0ax1m.jpg

image_zpsfo5oao5q.jpg

image_zpsfs2dgwgv.jpg

The pistol itself ships with two inner barrels, One plastic, one steel. Again, the steel barrel has trades with the calibre, Glock insignia and some other pentagon shape thingy. The plastic has no markings what so ever. I have a little niggle about the steel barrel which I will cover soon.

f4fb87fe-cd46-4c2b-a015-1f1b5c9d36b7_zpsabsd9plj.jpg

Internals...

The internal quality matches the external quality. The trigger assembly again looks to be made of a good quality metal thankfully no cheap pot metal parts. Glocks trigger safety performs very well, though not to my taste but does not bother me in the slightest. I guess this is because I am accustomed to my current pistol's safety set up. The hop up assembly is a dial system, very stiff so no fear of it creeping. The hop up rubber itself is a split design to allow greater back spin. The recoil spring guide is plastic, would have liked to see it in steel but think am just a bit of a nit picker really cannot see it breaking. Overall very pleased with the internals, only time will tell if they hold up.

image_zpsqj22bzfb.jpg

Performance...

This is where the pistol excels. An airsoft replica can look the sh*t but it has to be able to back up exterior and internals with performance and this pistol more than does that. Chrono'd in at 280fps with .20g bb's on a Xcortech chronograph. I was very impressed by the pistols cool down effect, even after 15 rounds the slide locked back perfect, still plenty of pressure. I used WE Nuporl 3.0 gas. The kick in this is decent, I have pistols that shoot harder but this does not bother me. I mentioned the barrels earlier, the steel barrel unfortunately causes the slide to jam when locked back, easily fixed with a bit of sanding and filing but am not overly fussed, the plastic barrel is spot on.

Accuracy/range is absolutely astounding. Using .25g King arms platinum bb's I was easily reaching 40m and this was with a quick adjust of the hop up dial, if I really dialled it in I reckon I could get more out of it. I will do a close range test at some point and get a grouping at 10m 20m etc. Most of us know that the Glock 19 is a semi automatic pistol, Stark arms have added a full automatic feature to this pistol. Located under the rear part of the slide is a slider switch that you can toggle between semi and full auto.

image_zpszdlhhmz1.jpg

You can see the switch on the right hand side closest to the pistol frame. A nice feature though I doubt I will use this, sure is fun to shoot it though. Most pistol Glock pistol magazines work in this, so if you have an extended 50 round mag the full auto feature will suit you down to the ground. The 20 round magazine empties in no time.

Conclusion...

I am blown away by this pistol. Normally when I but a new RIF I am immediately look for ways to tweak it's performance by upgrading internals and adding more realism by looking for more realistic externals like slides etc but I will not be touching this, not one bit of it. I purchased this pieces on Tiger111HK at 88usd, this is for peanuts. Magazines are 22usd each, again for nothing.

I would thoroughly recommend this pistol to anyone. Stark arms/VFC also do a Glock 17, 18c, along with the 19, pistol frames come in black, OD and Tan. They also do a beautiful Walther PPQ with full trademarks. I predict this company will be a leading contender in the Airsoft pistol world, buy one!!!!!.

Comments

Advertisement