Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Finished Biology Course ( 37 Days Till Exam )

Options
  • 04-05-2015 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

So yeah our teachers pretty pathetic we've not done the course yet and have a good few chapters left to do. Also we finish up 2 weeks before the exams and people are saying we'll end up having to come into school to finish the course?:mad::mad::mad:
    i swear we're taking down soo much paragraphs thats not even on the course just because she wants use to understand how certain things work which we get already and theres no point giving us extra notes that dont even come up on the exam.

im hoping for an a, got a b in the mocks but my hopes are deteriorating!:mad::mad:

like for example we have a diagram on the internal structure of the testes which i'm sure doesn't even come up on the exam but i do understand the labels and definitions and its functions!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 582 ✭✭✭sleepyheadh

Just read the chapters that you haven't done in class. The most important thing to do in biology is do all the exam papers. The amount of repeated material in the past papers is amazing.

Past papers and read up on the chapters you haven't done. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Which chapters have you still to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

We finished on our very last day. Last year was a disaster for me, the major big chapters didn't come up. I ended up getting a D3 in higher level, which was actually my best ever biology result.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dazzadazza

My class is in the same position as you. I anticipated this early and decided to give up on my teacher and cover the course by myself. I have now covered the course and while the class learns new material I do exam papers in class. I suggest you do this too, it's your leaving cert after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Biology is one subject that is drawn right out to the very end. I know some years the teachers don't get the course finished, depending on the group. It's just the nature of it, very heavy course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 ShaneCliff

I'm actually shocked, we have the course finished with about 2 months... We do have an outstanding teacher though.

As people have said^^^ Revise the chapter you're studying and then just go through every past exam paper and do that question for every year. It's all repitition, if you can do 5 exam questions on that chapter easily, then you obviously know the chapter and move on.
    Best of Luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭chocolate98

our teacher told us we''l have the course finished by christmas 2015 but now shes going on maternity leave and we are so screwed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭BlueWolf16

We're lucky we have a great Biology teacher, we finished our course by January or so. I know this thread is a bit old now, but if you're still nervous, go buy the Revise Wise Biology book. It has all the chapters, experiments and all, but isn't very big - you could cover all the chapters in about 2 days if you put the effort in it. Though honestly the best advice is to do all the exam papers, just reading the questions and looking at the marking scheme is good enough to get a C.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement