Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10" Tablet Choices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭Damien360

From that list the nexus. Good ram which is important for android. Time will catch up with all of them but keeping ahead of the battle for RAM will have it last a little longer. To explain.....

We had a first gen nexus 7 with 1gb RAM. It has got slower and slower over the years until this years lollipop made it unusable and it has been shelved permanently.

We then bought the second gen nexus 7 with 2gb RAM and it is on lollipop with no slowdown issues whatsoever. Ok the processor is better also but we have bought cheap tablets for the kids over the years and they were a waste of money. The nexus blitzed them all and that was all they would use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭G1032

Damien360 wrote: »
    From that list the nexus. Good ram which is important for android. Time will catch up with all of them but keeping ahead of the battle for RAM will have it last a little longer. To explain.....

We had a first gen nexus 7 with 1gb RAM. It has got slower and slower over the years until this years lollipop made it unusable and it has been shelved permanently.

We then bought the second gen nexus 7 with 2gb RAM and it is on lollipop with no slowdown issues whatsoever. Ok the processor is better also but we have bought cheap tablets for the kids over the years and they were a waste of money. The nexus blitzed them all and that was all they would use.

I do like the look of the Nexus myself. We had a Nexus 7 before which I left behind me in a hotel room. Never had trouble with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭smilerf

Id go with the Lenovo. Cheaper bigger screen and better battery plus the kick stand is great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭G1032

Any good alternatives to what is listed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭T-Bird

smilerf wrote: »
    Id go with the Lenovo. Cheaper bigger screen and better battery plus the kick stand is great

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I got a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 in PC World for €319. They are still that price.

Good powerful tablet but I have to say TouchWiz is a bit cumbersome on it.

The Nexus 9 is €300 in Pc World at the moment. Saw it yesterday in Liffey Valley!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The Galaxy Tab 4 10inch wifi only was 269 in PC World in tallaght, seen it there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

The Tab 4 has a pretty terrible screen by all accounts, thats why I went for the Tab Pro.

Tab 4: 1280 x 800 pixels (~149 ppi pixel density)
    Tab Pro: 2560 x 1600 pixels (~299 ppi pixel density)

double the pixels!

Advertisement