Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

off the cigs a week!

Options
  • 03-05-2015 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi guys just wanted say I'm off the cigarettes a week now , started off the first two days with Nicorette inhaler used 8 cartridges in all but just stopped completely at the end of the second day and I feel great happier and much more confident that I can have a better life without being smelly breathless and just feeling plain scummy! Hope this lasts forever

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Hi guys just wanted say I'm off the cigarettes a week now , started off the first two days with Nicorette inhaler used 8 cartridges in all but just stopped completely at the end of the second day and I feel great happier and much more confident that I can have a better life without being smelly breathless and just feeling plain scummy! Hope this lasts forever

Well done, I'm off them three and a half years only regret not doing it sooner. You've only one thing to do and that's not smoke your next cigarette. Good luck and Congrats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,405 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Congratulations

I recommend downloading an app called quit now, fill in your details of smokes per day, cost etc and watch as they grow and you get a great feeling of accomplishment.

Here's mine

#QuitNow! Since 1 Apr 2012:
    1127 days smoke free,
    22,540 down,
    £11,270.00 and 93 days saved! via

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭bluemartin

Good on you, I also gave up using the nicorette inhaler, I was using it for nearly a year afterwards but I won in the end.

Put the money you save in a jar and it will be enlightening to watch it accumulate over the next few months. You can treat yourself to a nice holiday from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭hagoonabear

I just downloaded the app thanks hoping to stay off them , not even going to go near alcohol just incase the drunk me thinks one will do no harm, I agree wish I stopped sooner, I started smoking through just having a fag while out drinking but it's real booster being off them . I think I will put away the money that I would spend into a little jar thanks everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

I just downloaded the app thanks hoping to stay off them , not even going to go near alcohol just incase the drunk me thinks one will do no harm, I agree wish I stopped sooner, I started smoking through just having a fag while out drinking but it's real booster being off them . I think I will put away the money that I would spend into a little jar thanks everyone

Hope its still going well for you. When I quit I put the money into a little jar and for the first few months I would treat myself to little presents as a reward for quitting.

The things I liked buying the most at first were perfumes because Id always just smelled like a dirty ashtray before so it was good to smell good! Plus, I could smell them better. Then I progressed onto exercise gear - something Id not needed before I quit!

So yes, the jar idea is great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 edelicate

I gave up smoking eight days ago!!! Still can't believe it.. I feel great, it was the best decision I ever made!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

Off them 5 days now. Avoided the pub tonight as I LOVE a smoke when I drink (or should I say, I used to love a smoke when I drink) had a bath instead. 1st day was fine, next two days were tough, yesterday was a bit easier. Tonight is tough. Found a pack of tobacco in the drawer that I forgot about. Need to chuck that out as I'm having BAD cravings tonight. Nearly a week down. Feeling quite nauseous yesterday and today. I won't back down this time!

Well done to everyone for lasting this long! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

mojesius wrote:
    Off them 5 days now. Avoided the pub tonight as I LOVE a smoke when I drink (or should I say, I used to love a smoke when I drink) had a bath instead. 1st day was fine, next two days were tough, yesterday was a bit easier. Tonight is tough. Found a pack of tobacco in the drawer that I forgot about. Need to chuck that out as I'm having BAD cravings tonight. Nearly a week down. Feeling quite nauseous yesterday and today. I won't back down this time!

Stick with it, I remember at that stage the coughing started . It was like my system trying to push out all the gank that smoking caused. You're doing brilliant stick with it you can do this, remember you're a non smoker now you don't want a cigarette they don't offer a single benefit

Advertisement