Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed CAO deadline?? Is there anything I can do

Options
  • 03-05-2015 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi, I already have done my leaving cert and I'm just finishing first year in UCD in a course which I now realise I totally do not want to continue. Unfortunately I realised how much I needed to leave a mere 3 days after the CAO closed. Have I got any hope of getting in somewhere next year? Should I even bother emailing the CAO or getting my hopes up?
    The two courses I am interested in doing next year (I'm not totally decided yet) would be Visual Culture in NCAD or English and Art History (TSM) in Trinity. I have the points for both. Should I try applying to these two colleges directly?
    If anyone knows anything about what I could do it would be very helpful
    Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

"Exceptional Closing Date: 5:15 pm 22nd July 2015.

If you are currently an undergraduate student in any
    year in any one of the HEIs and you entered that HEI
    through the CAO system, you may make a Late
    Application in paper form only, to arrive in CAO not
    later than 5:15 pm on 22nd July 2015.
    Please see pages 26 and 27 of this Handbook for further
    information on Paper Applications."

Link to CAO Handbook - read it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭oswinoswald

Oh!! Thank God for that and thank you so much!! hopefully these end of year exams are the end of my relationship with law forever!! I never thought about looking in the handbook. Thanks again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭oswinoswald

oh and one more question - do you know whether or not I still get an online CAO account if I apply with the paper application?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I'm not certain on that one tbh.
    Oh!! Thank God for that and thank you so much!!
    You're welcome.
    I never thought about looking in the handbook.
    I swear when I die they're going to find "read the ****ing handbook!" engraved on my heart, no more than Marie Antoinette and Calais! :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'm not familiar with the paper application but these lines would lead me to believe that you can still accept your application online.

CAO Handbook:
    All offers of places will be sent by post. A “Reply Date” will be printed on Offer Notices. If you wish to accept an offer, you must do so by 5:15pm on the “Reply Date” printed on the Offer Notice.
    In addition, offers will be presented online at the CAO website www.cao.ie, and you may record your acceptance online.

Paper application checklist:
    I have returned the offer acceptance by post to reach CAO within the deadline provided or have accepted an offer online. I have not accepted both.

Online application checklist:
    I have accepted my offer online via the 'My Application' facility within the deadline provided OR I have returned the offer acceptance by post to reach CAO within the deadline provided. I have not accepted both.

• Advertisement
Advertisement