Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ukraine baby shower traditions ?

Options
  • 03-05-2015 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm hoping to surprise a friend by having a baby shower.shes from the Ukraine .
    Would anybody have any ideas as to what their traditions are.i want to make it special she's a really good friend .thanks cathy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭skallywag

At the risk of stating the obvious ...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ukrainian+baby+shower

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

skallywag wrote: »
    At the risk of stating the obvious ...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ukrainian+baby+shower

I'm getting worried now .it says baby showers are a Nono ???
    help

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Maybe ask her first if she wants a baby shower. Some people just aren't into them. I'd hate if someone surprised me with one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Maybe ask her first if she wants a baby shower. Some people just aren't into them. I'd hate if someone surprised me with one

I was surprised with one and hated it for so many reasons. I just wish they had brought up the topic with me first and I would have emphatically made my feelings clear - that I didn't want one. It was a lovely thought on their part, but I found it a very stressful and unenjoyable occasion (although of course I felt obliged to put on a happy face for their sake.) Definitely talk to her first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I'm the same, wouldn't have wanted one tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Unless she's expressed an interest in the past about having one then I'd probably gently suss her out about it. Especially if as you say they aren't customary. How about just arranging something like afternoon tea for a few close friends? A baby shower would do nothing for me either! I would welcome a nice opportunity to meet up with friends and have a relaxing chat when I finished up for maternity leave though. Something with no games or pressure on people to bring gifts. Met two or three of my best friends for dinner the day after my due date last time and it was a lovely way to spend an evening, chatting and laughing and it definitely took my mind off the whole when is it going to happen? This time I think I'd do it around the 36/38 week mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I asked herself who is half Ukranian, and she said there is nothing like a Baby shower, and if there was to be a party of sorts it would involve lots of drinking.

Take from that what you will.

Advertisement