Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC Level 6 with or without Montessori

Options
  • 02-05-2015 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭

Hi there, I am planning to sign up on an online FETAC accredited Level 6 Childcare course and while looking at the prospectus, there seems to be two of them (both labeled with 6M2007 code) One is called FETAC Level 6 Childcare with Montessori Major Award, and the other just FETAC Level 6 Childcare Major Award. The five component modules seems the same for both (Child development, Work experience, etc.) But the electives are different. The montessori one has these three: Early Childhood Arts & Culture (6N1936), Early Childhood Literacy & Numeracy (6N1935) and Early Learning Environment (6N1933) instead of choosing 3 from Child Psychology, Early Learning Environment, Special Needs, etc. I don't know which one would fit more with me, or does it matter? Does the added Montessori component an advantage for getting employment? Will it restrict me if I find a job in an afterschool or creche? Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PhillyWD

camz09 wrote: »
    Hi there, I am planning to sign up on an online FETAC accredited Level 6 Childcare course and while looking at the prospectus, there seems to be two of them (both labeled with 6M2007 code) One is called FETAC Level 6 Childcare with Montessori Major Award, and the other just FETAC Level 6 Childcare Major Award. The five component modules seems the same for both (Child development, Work experience, etc.) But the electives are different. The montessori one has these three: Early Childhood Arts & Culture (6N1936), Early Childhood Literacy & Numeracy (6N1935) and Early Learning Environment (6N1933) instead of choosing 3 from Child Psychology, Early Learning Environment, Special Needs, etc. I don't know which one would fit more with me, or does it matter? Does the added Montessori component an advantage for getting employment? Will it restrict me if I find a job in an afterschool or creche? Thanks for the help.

Hi there, just wondering as your post was last year if you completed any of these. I am currently doing Level 6 Fetac Childhood Care and Education and was hoping to get some help from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Happicamper

PhillyWD, I can help you if you're stuck. I've completed the L6 in childcare?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

I have a query. I have just completed level special needs assisting and am looking at doing a childcare course next. Can I do level 6 or do I have to do level 5 first? I am studying part time

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PhillyWD

PhillyWD, I can help you if you're stuck. I've completed the L6 in childcare?

Hey there happicamper - your so kind to reply. Could I send you a private message asking some questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Moira84

Has anyone completed 6N1933

I'm in the middle of if

Goin ok but we've been asked to write up every practical life activity and sensorial activity in our own words...did ye have to do this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement