Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Arsenal DGW Conundrum

Options
  • 02-05-2015 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭

What Arsenal players to get in is giving me a headache so thought a thread might be useful to see what people's opinions are. I think Ospina is probably the only player guaranteed to play in all their remaining fixtures. Looking back to the end of last season, Wenger didn't rotate too much prior to the cup final but this season he has far more options and less injuries.

Defence

Bellerin has been good value this season but we may see Debuchy feature in one of the games and the same goes for Monreal v Gibbs at LB. Koscielny has had achilles issues earlier in the season and it's hard to know if he will play 3 games in a week. When he does play, he is a bonus points magnet and has an eye for goal. Chambers and Gabriel are the dangers here and Sunderland at home seems like the perfect opportunity to rotate.

Midfield

This a bit of a minefield. Cazorla's output has tailed off plus Arteta is close to a return and would be on pens if he plays. Like Cazorla, Sanchez has played a lot and with the Copa America coming up so soon after the end of the season, Wenger may rest him if top 4 is secured. Ozil and Ramsey have played the least out of these 4 so they would seem to be less likely candidates to be rested. Can see Walcott getting more game time but it would be a huge gamble going with him.

Forwards

Giroud has been in outstanding form but as we saw in the cup against United, Wenger has shown that he is not afraid to bench him in a big game and play Welbeck instead. With one of the GW37 fixtures away at Old Trafford, could the same happen again? However, Giroud's ownership for this week may be so high that it would be huge risk not to have him. Nice home fixtures against Swansea and WBA either side of the DGW strengthen the case for his inclusion.

Conclusion

At the moment, I'm leaning towards Kos/Ramsey/Giroud though going without Sanchez could be too big a risk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Kos Ozil sanchez for me I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Belly - Rambo - Giroud is my plan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Ramsey brought in this week, Sanchez and Berlin to follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Have Ramsey. Plan on bringing in Giroud and Koscielny over the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Ramsey brought in this week, Sanchez and Berlin to follow.

That's my three also. I already have bell and Sanchez. The sadist in me wants nothing to do with Giroud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ramsey,Sanchez and Ospina, already have Ospina.

Likely to get Defoe as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

That's my three also. I already have bell and Sanchez. The sadist in me wants nothing to do with Giroud

I'm tempted to go without him too but I probably won't.

Probably Sanchez,and Giroud to join Ramsey. Kos ahead of Giroud (to be replaced by Wickham or Defoe) will be discussed with my new back room team no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Brought Giroud in for the legend that is Nugent for this week.
    Probably going to bring Ramsey (for Sterling) to hammer in a goal or two against the Welsh.

The 3rd transfer will depend on Rivals teams.

Advertisement