Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desperate times....

Options
  • 02-05-2015 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭

Watching the football and have a choice between a 3 month past its best before independent pale ale or a generic beer, what would ye chose?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Open the ale and see how it tastes, might be ok.

If it's gone to shíte, go with the generic.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I have drank beer (Sierra Nevada Celebration ale) that was a year out of date & was fine, a little less hoppy yet perfectly drinkable.

Quaff away sir ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,646 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The ale ain't gonna get any better by staring at it... I think it's worth chancing it at least.

Usually these dates on beer are "best before" not "use by", so 3 months should be safe if it's been stored properly...

We shall expect a review! You may have to consume both beers for a taste test, in the interests of scientific curiosity...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

jh79 wrote: »
    Watching the football and have a choice between a 3 month past its best before independent pale ale or a generic beer, what would ye chose?

What beers are we talking about? I would drink both of them anyway myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

I went with the out of date independent pale ale , had a mixture of both the out of date and in date and to be honest there wasn't much of a difference.

• Advertisement
Advertisement