Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punchestown Saturday

Options
  • 02-05-2015 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Havnt had a bet so far at tis meeting ,but I'm going All In on Fiscal Focus and @ 10/1 has to be gambled on. The manner in which he won his debut race in Leopardstown was most impressive and why he was entered for his next race is one of lifes mysteries to me. I will also take a chance on Milborough , his effort in the Scottish National wouldn't have taken too much out of him , a bit unfortunate to UR early on in the race , so an EW double at long odds could be a bit of Craic. Good luck to all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭shmeee

Punchestown 5.35
    Sort It Out e/w @ 9/1 (5 Places)

Got word for this one at Cheltenham and threw it up here, stayed on very well to get up for second behind Wicklow Brave over 2m1f. Steps back up in trip here today and won around Punchestown last December over todays trip. The overnight rain will help for sure. Good run expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Intilaaq in the 2000 G! Such an impressive winner at Newbury last time. £30k put up to be entered. We really don't know what he beat that day but an 8L win has to be taken seriously. I've the horse backed EW over the past couple of weeks. Now around an 11/1 shot but def worth a go in this company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

15:10-Miss Xian is a small mare so I'm willing to forgive her last run when she had to carry 11stone 7. Before that she had proved progressive as a staying handicapper carrying low weights of around 10 stone or less. Back carrying a low weight today in addition to Andrew Ring's 5 pound claim she might be able to bounce back. 4 of the last 5 winners of this race have carried 10 stone or less so a low weight is absolutely essential in this marathon. The anomaly in the last five years is the amazingly tough and durable Uncle Junior who carried 11 stone. Miss Xian's shapes as if she'll stay this far and looks good each way value in a race where you can cross a lot off due to high weights.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,446 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Northern Executive goes in the 8:00 at Hexham carrying an absolutely feather weight. My family owned a share in this one until we sold last year last year after it broke our hearts. We thought it was going to be the real deal for us, but after a fall when it inexplicably went off one time as a red hot favourite, it just did not seem to be the same horse. This one was always a chaser in the making, needing good ground and today sees it in handicap company for the first time. I have no inside knowledge here, just going by potential, so only a small bet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

shmeee wrote: »
    Punchestown 5.35

Got word for this one at Cheltenham and threw it up here, stayed on very well to get up for second behind Wicklow Brave over 2m1f. Steps back up in trip here today and won around Punchestown last December over todays trip. The overnight rain will help for sure. Good run expected.

Got a good tip for him this morning too, on ew myself as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Did a small lucky 31. Heathfield, Sizing Australia, Katie T , Gallant Oscar and Arbre De Vie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Does anybody like the flat on here?

Fancy Territories for te Guineas improving with racing and was impressive stepped up to a mile first time out this year. Of O'briens I'd fancy Ol man river

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Anybody know how many derby entries are running today?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

3:10 Punchestown

There’s a horse in here who I think is way ahead of the handicapper and that is the J P McManus owned Heathfield. He won at Uttoxeter in November and again showed plenty of stamina when winning nice race over 3m at Navan last time. Up 10lb here but still very unexposed and from a top yard, so lots to like. Was highly fancied to win the Midlands National but didn’t get into the race. I think he’ll take a lot of beating. Might be my best bet of the week.

Heathfield 6/1

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Gleneagles too short for the Guineas. Not sure what to make of the trials, but I'm on Kool Kompany @ 100/1 so hopefully he'll give me a sweat anyway. I'd like to see Ol Man River win it too for all the JOB nay sayers .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,867 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Moheet 22-1 ew 3.45
    Stayed on well last time out to come 3rd to another Hannon horse ' Kool Kompany'' should improve for that run.
    A value ew bet with 4 to place/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

How does Edna Bolger do it? A horse could run from a field and could win a xcountry in his hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

madmoose wrote: »
    How does Edna Bolger do it? A horse could run from a field and could win a xcountry in his hands.

Preparation. He's got a carbon copy of Cheltenham, Aintree and Punchestown banks at home. A serious setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Moheet 22-1 ew 3.45 Stayed on well last time out to come 3rd to another Hannon horse ' Kool Kompany'' should improve for that run. A value ew bet with 4 to place/

Took him to win at 25s, way overpriced I think

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I'd have thought telescope was a gift at 8/13 :eek:

thankfully I dont have much money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭BQQ

mailburner wrote: »
    I'd have thought telescope was a gift at 8/13 :eek:

thankfully I dont have much money :)

Rare mistake by Ryan Moore.
    Went too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

There’s a horse in here who I think is way ahead of the handicapper and that is the J P McManus owned Heathfield. He won at Uttoxeter in November and again showed plenty of stamina when winning nice race over 3m at Navan last time. Up 10lb here but still very unexposed and from a top yard, so lots to like. Was highly fancied to win the Midlands National but didn’t get into the race. I think he’ll take a lot of beating. Might be my best bet of the week.

Heathfield 6/1

Good shout,could be called the winner a long way out

One to keep an eye on for the future

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Intilaaq 12/1 will do me in the Guineas. The visual impression he created last time out when winning a good maiden in a good time was enough for connections to supplement him and he'll do for me as well.

With the rain coming, 4.25 Punchestown Fiscal Focus 7/1 has a great chance in my opinion. He threw up a huge shock when beating a good field at Leopardstown's Christmas Festival on his hurdling debut in a Grade 2 and I thought he ran well for a long way in the Irish Champion Hurdle when he pulled too hard taking on his elders in Hurricane Fly & Jezki. Trainer Dessie McDonogh thinks the world of this horse and you've got to respect that opinion given he trained dual Champion Hurdle winner Monksfield way back when.

In the 7.15 Doncaster I think Rex Imperator 3/1 will take a lot of beating but he's quite short in a big field.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Chijj

Heathfield 6/1

Fair play, comfortable all the way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Don't want to start a whole thread for this interview, but I found it very entertaining. Mostly on Faugheen with Davy asking all the questions. Here are the lads talking about riding the very best and how uncomplicated they are.

TED: Sure Mother Goose could ride him/'em

RUBY: Getting on is the hardest part of it (!!!!)

TED: Oh yeah, sure I always said that.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/racing/irish/2015/0501/698223-walsh-and-russell-on-riding-faugheen/

Must listen to the rest of it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Another cracking run by the old boy Osteopathic Remedy in the Thirsk Hunt Cup. You'll be able to set your watch by him this year. He'll run ****e in his next 3 or 4 races and hopefully handicapper will drop him to a mark of 80/81. He'll then try and win the Thirsk Summer Cup like he did last year before attempting to win the Ripon Rowels in August for the 5th time. 11 years old and still hasn't lost any ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,867 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Inke 16-1 ew 5.50
    Weak race. Yard in good form.
    It's recent run in its favor agaisnt a couple of these.
    Good palce shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Not Ruby's finest moment, boxed in and full of running at the end. JP benefits!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,118 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Punchestown 5.35

Followed on this...go raibh mile!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

shmeee wrote:

shmeee wrote:
    Punchestown 5.35 Sort It Out e/w @ 9/1 (5 Places)

I owe you a drink my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭shmeee

Punchestown 5.35

Get up that yard ya daisy!

Held them all off turning in. Mullins made a mistake at the last and looked a winner but I won't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Get up that yard ya daisy!

Held them all off turning in. Mullins made a mistake at the last and looked a winner but I won't complain.

Fair play schmee and copper pipe had a 5 euro e/w double on heathcliff and sort it out, forum has been in great form for me lately

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ladeeen

Punchestown 5.35

i owe u a few pints if ur ever down my direction, sound for that!

Advertisement