Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pain post root canal

Options
  • 01-05-2015 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi people

I got a root canal done there on Tuesday on a front tooth , and I'm having some issues on which I'm looking for advice , this started out with some neglect on my behalf when I got what was described to me as the 'first stage ' of root canal done while I lived in Melbourne , it was a 3am out of pain job and I destinctly remember the root being pulled out with an auger of sorts , anyway I went about my business and never got the hole sealed , silly me indeed! Now 2 weeks ago it kicked up in a major fashion and I payed a visit to my local dentist , he advised a root canal and carried it out on Tuesday after a 7 day antibiotics course and some heavy pain relief , temp filling put in and away I go. I was told to expect a little pain but nothing major, but in the days that followed I've had a dull nagging pain that comes with the occasional burst of tear inducing pain, I know something's not right and I'm using some of the pain meds I was given initially to get through , the question is what should I do, I have paid for this work and I've lost faith In the chap , I'm a fas apprentice and I earn less then the minimum wage so I can't afford to go and pay the same again to another chap to do this, and I'm worried about an infection taking hold proper and making me unable to work. All advice appreciated lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DentalElf

Different people react differently to root canal treatment. Sometimes there is pain for a few days after treatment, especially when there was infection present. If the pain does not resolve in a few days, it may be that there is still a small amount of infection left. In this case you should return to your dentist. By now you should find that things are settling down.

Advertisement