Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moto 360 or other smart watch

Options
  • 01-05-2015 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

Are these still worth buying and how do they fair now after Motorola have updated them abit since released? 249 in argos and that seems to be the cheapest in Ireland.

How about the Pebble watch? Saw those for 99 in argos too which seems to be the cheapest I can see them at in Ireland.

LG G watch R is nice but its pushing 300 notes and I dunno if that's worth it...

Sony smart watch 3 is 189......

What can anyone recommend? Im very curious about owning a smartwatch and if I don't like it after a month or so I guess I can always flog it on adverts.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

I got a 360 for 199 from meteor. Gone up now.

Only have it 2 days but OK so far. Will have to give it more time. Honestly wouldn't pay more than that. Don't think I'd get a pebble. Too geeky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

I've had the Moto 360 for about 5 months. Still love it. It won't change your world or anything but its a cool toy to have if your into tech. Future updates should make it even better too.

Just saw that meteor has the sony smart watch for 189. I probably would have bought that if it was that price last week. Doesn't have wireless charging though and not as pretty but will give you a taste of Wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 scottb123

I got a Samsung gear2 neo.
    Its a nice watch and good value.

The difference in this watch is it has a speaker, the rest vibrate.
    So you can make calls on it, listen to music from it and ask it questions.

You can add apps for free and change the clock faces.
    On a budget I would chose between this one and the moto360.
    Its a bit different as uses google. My friend has this one and he would spend more time talking to it than that I would need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

TBi wrote: »
    Just saw that meteor has the sony smart watch for 189. I probably would have bought that if it was that price last week. Doesn't have wireless charging though and not as pretty but will give you a taste of Wear.

The wireless charger would actually put me off. I got a Smart Watch 3 and the USB charger is very convenient. Same connection as my phone so only need to remember 1 charger.

• Advertisement

littlejp wrote: »
    The wireless charger would actually put me off. I got a Smart Watch 3 and the USB charger is very convenient. Same connection as my phone so only need to remember 1 charger.

Depends really. My phone has a wireless charger too so one charger for both.

Also it's easier to just drop the phone on the charger than fiddling with a USB flap. I can see the benefits of both approaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

I quite like the look of the LG Urbane, but not at €350 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I looked at the Pebble today in PC world, the screen is a pig of a yoke compared to the android wear watches. wouldn't touch it after seeing one in the flesh just now. Looked OK when reading online reviews but not for me.

I'm really interested in the Sony smart watch 3 for €189 in Argos. I just want to find a demo model somwhere to play with first before I commit.

I seen a moto 360 demo model today to and found it jerky flicking through it. That's off the menu now but I guess its only a single core chip where as the smart watch 3 is a quad core and its €50 cheaper too :/. where can I find a demo of the Sony smart watch 3? I'm ready to spend I just need to see one first....

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭SteM

The Sony Smart Watch 3 is the one to go for if you're going to use it for exercise as it has built in GPS which the others mentioned don't. Means that there is no need to bring your phone with you to track your runs or cycles. The watch face is a big, square lump imo though.

Pretty much all Android Wear watches run exactly the same as far I can tell as they run on the Android Wear OS which I don't think is very customisable.

Advertisement