Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Soul Calibur VI? Finally?

Options
  • 01-05-2015 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

The Soul Calibur team has posted a "popularity poll" to take into consideration for the future of the franchise.

This is of course VERY speculative, but we might finally be seeing news of a true successor to SCV in the near future.

If you're interested you can take the character poll below;

(PC) https://www.facebook.com/SoulCalibur/app_603171703028453

(Mobile) http://bnent.eu/SCSurveyMobile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I'd rather not see another installment if they're going to abandon it halfway through development like they did with 5.

A super-turbo-actually-finished version of 5 would just as if not more welcome, but we'd hardly get that after 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

I'd rather not see another installment if they're going to abandon it halfway through development like they did with 5.

A super-turbo-actually-finished version of 5 would just as if not more welcome, but we'd hardly get that after 3 years.

Yeah, but we know that a new version of SCV is never going to happen. No money in that for Bandai Namco and not big enough of a competitive fanbase to support it. I personally don't like half of the mechanics in SCV anyway.

Hopefully they'll have the right people on board for a sequel so they don't repeat the various mistakes in development a la SCV.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

I hear they might try and do something about SCVI, once they've finished arguing over the size of Ivy's tits (literally).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Project Soul posted the results of this poll; most popular starting from the top, very suprised to see who's number one.

Talim
    Taki
    Mitsurugi
    Ivy
    Kilik
    Siegfried
    Nightmare
    Zasalamel
    Yoshimitsu
    Tira
    Sophitia
    Cassandra
    Amy
    Yun-Seong
    Seong-Mina
    Cervantes
    Voldo
    Xianghua
    Raphael
    Setsuka
    Viola
    Maxi
    Hwang
    Hilde
    Astaroth
    Z.W.E.I.
    Natsu
    Pyrrha
    Xiba
    Lizardman
    Rock
    Li Long
    Algol
    Dampierre
    Aeon
    Pyrrha Omega
    Patroklos
    Alpha Patroklos
    Soul Edge
    Leixia
    Abyss
    Charade
    Olcadan
    Elysium
    Edge Master

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Not surprised to see nearly every new SCV char in the bottom half.

It's typical VS fighter crap.

No ones gives a flying **** about Jun now she's actually back in tekken. But my God was she 'popular' in Tekkens 3~6.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's typical VS fighter crap.

No ones gives a flying **** about Jun now she's actually back in tekken. But my God was she 'popular' in Tekkens 3~6.

Isn't she one of Fergus' main character? :pac:

The words "one of" suggest he could get by without her.

In other news I wonder if their going to change Ivy's Calamity Symphony to 1398513959357pause9157unpause985-B+G

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Not a single SCV character in the Top 20. Hope they take the hint.

I frankly don't want another Soulcalibur unless they're given the time and resources needed to release a complete game this time around. SCV was basically a netcode test for TTT2. At the very least, I don't think there'll be an announcement until Tekken 7 has reached its console phase, but then Tekken X Street Fighter is allegedly still a thing, and is more than likely going to be based on SFV/T7 at this point. Frankly, I don't think we'll be seeing a new Soulcalibur release until sometime in 2017 at the earliest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Dwy

I just want Talim ;(

Advertisement