Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo Montage

Options
  • 01-05-2015 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Very grateful for assistance with the following
    I am doing a history project for Foxrock Golf Club in Dublin.
    I attach a photo montage of members which was produced by Lafayette photographers in the early 1900’s. A similar montage is hanging in both Portmarnock and Royal Dublin Golf Clubs also produced by Lafayette. As far as I am aware these are unique and I think that there is only one other such example in a golf club in England. I am led to believe that the head photos were simply 'attached ' to random bodies.Lafayette Montage.jpg

I would be very grateful if anyone could assist with establishing the production technique and any other information which would help in piecing together the provenance of this type of picture. Also if anyone knows of other examples of this type of work.
    Many thanks

Advertisement