Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online booking or travel agent?

Options
  • 01-05-2015 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

My DD is heading stateside in mid-Aug for the year. will be coming home at Christmas for 3 weeks and returning early Jan to mid-may. Have looked at skyscanner and wonder if we are better going through a travel agent as I don't know if there is an optimum time for buying flights. She's heading to Raleigh Durham in Nr Carolina so its not a very busy airport. Also wonder if she should wait until she's there to book the second leg, ie the Jan/May flights? Haven't used a travel agent in so long I wouldn't know who to call.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

chancer12 wrote: »
    My DD is heading stateside in mid-Aug for the year. will be coming home at Christmas for 3 weeks and returning early Jan to mid-may. Have looked at skyscanner and wonder if we are better going through a travel agent as I don't know if there is an optimum time for buying flights. She's heading to Raleigh Durham in Nr Carolina so its not a very busy airport. Also wonder if she should wait until she's there to book the second leg, ie the Jan/May flights? Haven't used a travel agent in so long I wouldn't know who to call.

Why not give an agent a call and explain to them what you are looking for. It won't cost you anything to get an idea of your options and ultimately if you are not 100% sure of what you want or need then you are probably better off going through an agent and maybe spending that little bit more for their expertise.

You could try American Holidays, Tour America, Trail Finders to name but a few

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Moved to Travel

Advertisement