Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covered maternity leave....summer stamp options?

Options
  • 01-05-2015 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there,
    I have covered a maternity leave since August and will be finishing before the last week of school (secondary). At each set of holidays I filled in a form for social welfare signed by the school with dates worked and dates of holidays.
    Does anyone know how many weeks of the summer the 'extra holiday pay' covers? I think I remember reading 8 weeks somewhere before.
    I added the inverted commas as I received very little extra due to tax as I worked all last year on a contract august to august.
    Any help appreciated, first time experience covering a maternity leave.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

fedupmuch wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I have covered a maternity leave since August and will be finishing before the last week of school (secondary). At each set of holidays I filled in a form for social welfare signed by the school with dates worked and dates of holidays.
    Does anyone know how many weeks of the summer the 'extra holiday pay' covers? I think I remember reading 8 weeks somewhere before.
    I added the inverted commas as I received very little extra due to tax as I worked all last year on a contract august to august.
    Any help appreciated, first time experience covering a maternity leave.
    Thanks

Were you on full hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fedupmuch

Were you on full hours?

Hi thanks for the reply, 21.5 hours a week. Totally lost on all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 newtothis13

Hi guys,
    I am also covering a maternity leave and would like to know how the summer pans out? If paid too much tax due to the 56% holiday pay does it get paid back over June? Another colleague who subbed majority of last year said they received pay cheques into July with money owed (minus values on payslips).
    Anyone with experience?
    Thanks

Advertisement