Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Chem Calculations

Options
  • 01-05-2015 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

I missed a couple of the Chem experiments during the year ... I have them written up, but I'm missing the results / calculations / data.

In particular these:
    Determination of the concentration of ethanoic acid in vinegar.

Determination of the amount of iron in an iron tablet.

Determination of the percentage (w/v) of hypochlorite in bleach.

An iodine/thiosulfate titration.

A potassium manganate (VII) / Ammonium iron (II) sulfate titration.

Determination of the amount of water of crystallisation in hydrated sodium carbonate.

Estimation of total hardness using ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid

Estimation of dissolved oxygen by redox titration.

Determination of total suspended and dissolved solids (expressed as p.p.m.) by filtration and evaporation respectively. Determination of pH.

Colorimetric experiment to estimate the concentration of free chlorine in swimming-pool water.

If anyone has a full or nearly full set, and is willing to help, I would greatly appreciate if they let me know, and we can sort the details by PM.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Could you not get them of a classmate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

coolerboy wrote: »
    Could you not get them of a classmate?

No, no one had brought their experiment copy in, and the next day we had a day off.
    I need it by Tuesday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Don' t you have any phone numbers or email addresses for your classmates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Why don't you just use your book and take figures from the calculation questions?

Corkgirl18 wrote: »
    Why don't you just use your book and take figures from the calculation questions?

Do you think that would be acceptable?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

I don't see how its any different to asking people here to supply numbers. The chance that your lab book is going to be inspected by an inspector is extremely unlikely anyway.

Mod please close thread.
    I found a soloution.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement