Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air in my Riello burner

Options
  • 01-05-2015 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi,

Was wondering if someone could help me: ran out of kerosene so need to "bleed" the air out of my Riello burner. I've done it a few times in the past but I always forget which is the nut/bolt that I need to slightly unscrew for the air to come out. :$

Here's a pic of the manual, I think it's either 6 or 4:

imgur.com/X1IfnvJ,wPJNnbI#0

Here's a pic of the burner itself:

imgur.com/X1IfnvJ,wPJNnbI#1

Thanks in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Use #6 for the venting. Backing it out a couple of turns will be sufficient. Do not touch #5 as this has to do with fuel pressure and combustion.

X1IfnvJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭TheRover

Thanks, that worked perfectly! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gleannirce

In the event that this doesn't work, retighten with Allen key and you may have to loosen the 15mm nut that connects the braided fuel hose to the burner until fuel starts to flow when you should retighten.

And if this doesn't work, I have had to suck a couple of mouthfuls to get the flow going.

Not nice, and not recommended obviously.

Advertisement