Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oaklands, carrick on shannon

Options
  • 30-04-2015 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi people

Im thinking about buying a house in oaklands, carrick on shannon for myself and my family. I grew up not to far from carrick and ive been to the estate a few times briefly to have a look, im a where that its not beverly hills.

I would really like to hear from anyone who lives or had lived on the estate, or anyone from carrick in general.

Is it fine for children to grow up there? Ive heard its a bit rough, or is that an exaggeration? Is it a quite estate? Do people keep themselves to themselves? Are there more residents than renters? Basically im wondering if its a fine place to bring up my family or not?

Also who fills in potholes, cuts the grass, pays for lighting, fixs sewage problems outside of your house etc?? As ive heard theres no management company and its not a council estate??

Anyway would be great to get answers to these questions about the estate!!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

I would stay well clear to be honest. It used to be grand but has gone downhill.

There is still good value around. Are you mainly looking at carrick or would you consider other surrounding villages? Great value in Dromod and there are great schools, playground and youthclub. No anti social behaviour and great community spirit. Lovely safe place to bring up children. It's very quiet so you would have to like that sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ducati916

Hi

Thanks for reply. Yeah dromod is nice. Would be fine for me, but a bit small for wife. If we do buy it would be carrick or in or near sligo town.

The running theme seems to be avoid oaklands so I think im gonna do that. I just taught it may have turned the corner. But obviously not.

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

ducati916 wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks for reply. Yeah dromod is nice. Would be fine for me, but a bit small for wife. If we do buy it would be carrick or in or near sligo town.

The running theme seems to be avoid oaklands so I think im gonna do that. I just taught it may have turned the corner. But obviously not.

Thanks again

I was only talking to a guy last week who used to live there but moved out. I think it's only a few houses that are dragging down the whole estate from what I was told. It's a shame as it was a nice estate when built.

Advertisement