Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Closed] Upcoming Charter Changes

Options
  • 30-04-2015 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82,175 ✭✭✭✭

I've had enough.

In the past 2 days there has been a marked surge in bollocky muppetry behavior in a manner I can't quite rationalize. Even when I'm in the middle of working on one issue another is already happening in the there and then.. CT's atmosphere is starting to get toxic.

As a result, we've locked some of the worst-offending threads [if you were here last night - we locked all threads temporarily, but these have since been Ok'd as non-problematic]. You are more than welcome to re-visit/start new threads about the locked topics, eg. The Boston Bombing, under some common sense guidelines:

hierarchy_of_arguments.jpg

Now obviously, in the above chart, DH0 is completely unacceptable and will result in a ban. And DH1 is my absolutely favorite pet peeve - I don't want to see that either. Users shouldn't respond to DH2 - report it - and should post in a fashion DH3 DH4 or higher. Please, report posts report.gif that you feel are problematic, and do not reply to them.

A new charter is in the works and will be made available for preview and public commentary once it's reviewed behind the scenes first.

All the best,

Overheal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I'd like to chime in with some apologies to the regulars here too. Doubtless you've all seen the forum deteriorate over the last few days, even weeks or months. It has gotten to the point that despite the relatively low traffic compared to other forums we were issuing warnings and basically having to don the mod hats for far more posts than should ever be necessary for a community of it's size.
    So, instead of the mods constantly giving on-thread warnings and even more severe steps to put a halt to the messing, this was, we feel, the best option for the CT community as a whole.

Keep in mind it's a temporary action and most if not all old threads will be reopened in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,175 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

hierarchy_of_arguments.jpg

c3e2544b8102c38b0c74aa15fb5f39281906754810.jpg

(Coincidence?)

The internal review of the threads is complete. Some threads will remain permanently locked, most others are back open for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

Thanks for that .... Was getting messy alright lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Fair play, nout wrong with a time out.

• Advertisement

New charter is up, a corresponding feedback thread is open. Both are stickied on the front page.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement