Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for Prefect

Options
  • 30-04-2015 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Tomorrow I am going to apply for the position of prefect in my school. Was wondering if anyone has any tips for the application? What should I write or focus on? Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Tomorrow I am going to apply for the position of prefect in my school. Was wondering if anyone has any tips for the application? What should I write or focus on? Thanks in advance! :)

If you've shown any leadership qualities in the last or were involved in clubs or events you could mention these. Perhaps say you want the position to give back something to the school. You're punctual, trustworthy etc also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aoife_doodles

If you've shown any leadership qualities in the last or were involved in clubs or events you could mention these. Perhaps say you want the position to give back something to the school. You're punctual, trustworthy etc also.
    Unfortunately I haven't been part of any clubs in my school which I know will pull me down a lot in this application but I still think if I write it well I'll have a chance! Going to mention being cinnire a lot as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Satori Rae

Things have changed usually this just went to a class vote in my school anyway. Best of luck I am sure you'll be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Unfortunately I haven't been part of any clubs in my school which I know will pull me down a lot in this application but I still think if I write it well I'll have a chance! Going to mention being cinnire a lot as well

The cinnire thing is excellent. Mention that you enjoy coming up with new ideas or solutions to problems and you would enjoy serving as a role model to younger pupils, you understand how important the position is etc etc. Make sure your application looks well of course, no errors - good luck!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Those are some good tips from Anonymagician there.

Also, try to talk about how you saw senior students when you were younger. You looked up to them (or not) and how you'd like you improve/change that.
    Satori Rae wrote: »
    Things have changed usually this just went to a class vote in my school anyway. Best of luck I am sure you'll be grand :)

I think it all depends on the school, really. I was just drafted in 3 years ago :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement