Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RCSI Accommodation

Options
  • 30-04-2015 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'll be a mature student starting RCSI and was wondering if anyone can recommend a place to stay. I heard Mercer Court and Augier Street were good. Can anyone help?

Thank you
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭northernpower

Hi Hopeful, are you going in to the graduate entry program or undergrad?
    The whole 1st year of the graduate program (with the exception of anatomy on Monday and Tuesday afternoon) is done at a building in sandyford, which is on the luas line from St stephens green but you could probably get more for your money closer to sandyford.
    If its the undergrad program then all the lectures are at St Stephens green and aungier st would be very handy for you, could be expensive though. The halls at Mercer court tend to be inhabited by 1st year undergrads and mostly from the middle East and Asia so that might affect your thinking as well if you're going in as a mature student.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hopeful2015

Hi northern power, thanks for your help. I'll be an undergrad - the prices are bit high around there and I'm not so keen about staying in Mercer court. Do you know anywhere cheaper? Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭northernpower

Yeah unfortunately from experience its quite hard to get anywhere in and around the city. You'll possibly have to go a bit further out but the main campus is very central and accessible on the green tram line so anywhere along that is ideal really.

Try the Graduate entry page on boards and ask there for anyone interested in house shares or that might have room going. The north Americans coming to study graduate entry tend to have a bit more available for renting and generally have places that would be out of the price range for most of the Irish students, but there will definitely be Irish students moving up from about the country and since they're graduate entry would probably be closer to your age range than the undergrads.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hopeful2015

Thanks northernpower!

Advertisement