Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living near a quarry? Things to consider.

Options
  • 30-04-2015 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello everyone!

I'm considering moving near a Harrington Concrete quarry in Co. Galway (since I'm apparently a new user and can't post links, it's here: 53.410212, -8.931130) and was wondering if someone can share his experience of living quite close to open quarry.
    Do they produce a lot of noise? Are there any issues with dust or extensive traffic? I have just no idea how big of a factor a quarry could be for the local area.
    Any insight would be very much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

I live near a small pencil quarry
    Not a problem with noise and usually quite enough that I wouldn't take any notice.
    If there's a project on during busy times there is more trucks on the road with more mud and dust but that's not too often and just a minor inconvenience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 greenpick

I used to live near a quarry and there wasn't much noise from it. There were occasional explosions when they were rock blasting. Sometimes however, we used to get a lot of dust, so we had to clean our windows a lot. It also depends on where you are in relation to the quarry.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭La Fenetre

Not much traffic now that construction is in a slump, but there will be considerable heavy lorries at all hours and constant road damage.

Advertisement