Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance, Paris, 2adt+3chd

Options
  • 30-04-2015 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hiya all,

My family and I are heading off on a holiday to Paris in a couple of months and I was wondering about what travel insurance to get. There's two adults, two teenagers and one child. I'm mainly interested in one of the teenagers as she has type 1 diabetes and would like good cover for her. Has anyone any experience along these lines or any recommendations ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

If you do not have EHIC cards, then you should get them immediately.
    The card is free and allows you and your family the right to use the public health system in France.
    As France has an excellent public health system so it likely to be your first port of call is a medical emergency.

http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/1/schemes/EHIC/

When travelling in Europe, I get the most basic travel insurance which covers for cancellation in the case of family illness or emergency.

You may be restricted in who will cover someone with diabetes. I cant help you there.

Have a think about what is your priority - cover for expensive cameras / phones etc, cancellation,
    and get some online quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

Thanks for the reply huskerdu. I'll have a look around and i'll apply for the EHIC straight away.

Advertisement