Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Samsung Galaxy Tablet

Options
  • 30-04-2015 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Hope someone can help please.

The screen on my Galaxy Tablet smashed a couple of months ago and instead of paying over €100 to get it fixed I said Id go about sorting it myself. I bought a screen online and went about changing the screen and all seems to work out fine. The tablet did power up but the touchscreen wasn't reacting to my touching it.

I did notice while taking off the original screen that the ribbon was a different colour. The ribbon on the screen I took off was a red/rusty colour while the one I put on is a brown colour. Does this make a difference? I am also considering buying a new screen for the tablet but I'm unsure if my tablet is wifi only or wifi with 3g/4g. The model is GT-P5110 16gb with a 10.1inch screen.

Would really appreciate any info to help me in some way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

largepants wrote: »
    Hope someone can help please.

The screen on my Galaxy Tablet smashed a couple of months ago and instead of paying over €100 to get it fixed I said Id go about sorting it myself. I bought a screen online and went about changing the screen and all seems to work out fine. The tablet did power up but the touchscreen wasn't reacting to my touching it.

I did notice while taking off the original screen that the ribbon was a different colour. The ribbon on the screen I took off was a red/rusty colour while the one I put on is a brown colour. Does this make a difference? I am also considering buying a new screen for the tablet but I'm unsure if my tablet is wifi only or wifi with 3g/4g. The model is GT-P5110 16gb with a 10.1inch screen.

Would really appreciate any info to help me in some way.

There are two parts for the screen : screen & digitizer. It sounds like the digitizer portion was either not part of the screen you bought or the wrong one for the tab ( generic rather than original parts)
    The easy test is to wipe the tablet (factory reset) and see if it loads the generic driver

>Sol

Advertisement