Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas bottles.

Options
  • 30-04-2015 7:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to transfer gas from a large bottle to a small one? Is it a matter of running a pipe from one to the other and opening the valves? I suspect it may be more complicated than that

Altenatively, do you know of a supplier of small bottles or someone who will fill one in North Co Cork/South Limerick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Is it possible to transfer gas from a large bottle to a small one? Is it a matter of running a pipe from one to the other and opening the valves? I suspect it may be more complicated than that

Altenatively, do you know of a supplier of small bottles or someone who will fill one in North Co Cork/South Limerick

What size bottle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

4.5kg Calor Butane

4.5kg Calor Butane

Flogas quartertown mallow used to refill, if your locker is big enough you might be better off going with something you can easily exchange.

And yes there is more to refilling than connecting hoses,

thanks for that, I was actually considering installing a standard bottle as it would last ages and be easily replaced. I think I'll do that. It may have to b slightly higher tha the small bottle , is that critical? I;d have it put vents through to the floor I guess as that is what is in the curent locker.

thanks for that, I was actually considering installing a standard bottle as it would last ages and be easily replaced. I think I'll do that. It may have to b slightly higher tha the small bottle , is that critical? I;d have it put vents through to the floor I guess as that is what is in the curent locker.

Yeah you need drop out vents, there are lots of options in bottle sizes now.

Actually cork gas center has 4.5kg bottles advertised so it might be worth ringing your local calor agent to see if they'd have one for a spare.

• Advertisement

Another gas question...any idea what a full butane standard bottle weighs.... be about 25kg...would that be right? 4 stone or so? (net is 11.4kg I think

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

i wouldn't say so as they are under pressure so once the pressure equalise thats all you would get into it, thats if you could rig up a hose

Another gas question...any idea what a full butane standard bottle weighs.... be about 25kg...would that be right? 4 stone or so? (net is 11.4kg I think

23-25kg the tare weight is stamped on the bottle is usually between 12 and 14 kilos.

spot on thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gaskman

Don't try this
    To overfill a bottle is extremely dangerous but to fill a bottle from one to another is just outright mad!! Liquid gas is very cold and can freeze your rubber hose and your fittings and make them brittle and they can snap while you're filling and BANG light out☹️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

gaskman wrote: »
    Don't try this
    To overfill a bottle is extremely dangerous but to fill a bottle from one to another is just outright mad!! Liquid gas is very cold and can freeze your rubber hose and your fittings and make them brittle and they can snap while you're filling and BANG light out☹️

Sound advice.

Perhaps you might glance at the date of the topic you're replying to, as your have just dragged up a zombie topic, which is almost 18 months old.

Advertisement