Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Prints Online

Options
  • 29-04-2015 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

I want to start by saying no- I don't think I'm at the point where I'm good enough to do this just yet. I have taken 2 or 3 pictures that i might be comfortable charging someone for a copy of, but that's it so far!

However.

I was wondering, does anyone here sell prints of their work online? If so how do you go about it? I relaise that there's the setting up of a portfolio website, etc. But when an order comes in do you manually go and do it then post it on yourself, or do you send it to one of the good online printers automatically?

Do you let them send it direct to your customer, or do you make sure to see it yourself before it goes?

I've been thinking that long term as I improve I might set something up to do this purely to help fund new gear.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Yanu

You could get a website with zenfolio, I have used them before. You'll have the option to get the order yourself and print and post or the order can go directly to the lab. When I used them there weren't any irish supplier though, but a few uk's one.
    If you are comfortable enough with your suppliers and trust them, I don't see any problem with them delivering to the customer directly.

good luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭dinneenp

There's many POD sites out there; I use Fine Art America, this is their widget in my site. The prices aren't cheap but they offer multiple products and their site is meant to come up high in search results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

there are tons of these types of sites

photoshelter is another option, and yes there are irish suppliers, of which i am one

not a fan of fine art america, the prints i have seen aint up to much

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

I use Zenfolio, and I've been pretty happy. Dead easy to setup a decent site, and dead easy to attach it to your own domain. From signing up with Zenfolio and registering with domains.ie, I had a fully working website in 3 days, with orders coming in (albeit from friends and family at first).

The important thing is to spend a little time and money with Google ads and analytics to make sure you are coming up in search results. Just setting it all up and letting sit there will not yield any sales what so ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

I use redbubble, they offer prints and lots of other products. No set-up costs, not sure how commissions compare to other sites. I link to it from flickr etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement