Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mediation

Options
  • 29-04-2015 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

I am due to attend a mediation meeting for work at a date to be arranged. I've been sent an email from the mediator (external) asking for a list of any grievances I have. The mediation is between myself and one of the directors of the small business I work for. My understanding is that once I submit these they will be shared with the other party in the mediation. Is this correct?

From experience, the director will fabricate some excuses/lies in response to any grievances. I would feel more confident of throwing all the issues out on the day rather than giving this director a heads up so that they can get advise on how to get around my issues.

Any advice?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

Minimal info, keep the finer details for the meeting... Thats what I'd do.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,764 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What are you hoping will happen as a result of the mediation?

The mediators institute of Ireland says it is
    Mediation is a process in which an impartial and independent third party facilitates communication and negotiation and promotes voluntary decision making by the parties to a dispute to assist them to reach a mutually acceptable solution.

By not providing any information beforehand, you could be seen as trying to frustrate the process and not committed to finding a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

Call the mediator and discuss the process that they will be using, there are many different processes. I have conducted mediation before and the format that I used was to meet individually with both parties first to discuss the i process an familiarize my self broadly with the issues so that I can plan the process, duration, format, ground rules, etc.

Inform yourself first.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Tubberadora

Thanks for the replies. As for outcomes and what I expect, I am not sure. I feel I have been bullied by one of my companies directors. I am out sick as a result. I can see the director being all nice and promising the sun moon and stars to the mediator, and asking me to come back. However in reality I cant see it happening. I was going to hand in my notice and just leave, but mediation was suggested so I suppose I am just going along with it.

Advertisement