Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncertified Sick Leave - Primary Teacher

Options
  • 29-04-2015 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi all,

Was hoping maybe someone could help me. I'm out sick today with a dodgy tummy. I'm hoping it will be gone by tomorrow, but it was just too risky to try to go in today. I'm pretty broke at the moment so am reluctant to go to the doctor (I'm also pretty sure he won't be able to do anything for me). I am however, worried about my uncertified sick leave days. I racked up a few over the last 2 academic years due to an illness that was undiagnosed at the time. I have been reading the circular about sick leave and think I have a good understanding of it, but I'm a bit paranoid now. If anyone could confirm/correct/answer the following I would really appreciate it.

After the 31st of July 2014 uncertified sick leave days are counted for a rolling 2 year period (as far as I've gathered). Does that mean if I was sick this day two years ago (29/4/13) it would count from then? Or does the tally start from 31st if July 2014?

I missed two days in early 2013 (before 29/4) would these still contribute to my current tally?

Sorry if this post is a bit rambling, I'm all over the place today.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

It's two years counting back from today. The days you missed in early 2013 are no longer relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Teacher23

Thanks so much killbillvol2. That's a relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

That's correct killbillvol2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Rather than start a new thread, in secondary school if you have a cert for Friday and the following Monday does this still count as four sick days, as it did under the pre-Sept 2014 system:"For example, if a teacher is absent on sick leave on a Friday and on the following Monday this will be counted as four days of sick leave out of the 365 day entitlement"

There is no mention of it on this page so I'm wondering do a Friday and the following Monday now count as two sick days?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

It's still 4 days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement