Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawing cash from ATM in Ukraine (Kiev)

Options
  • 29-04-2015 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got any experience?

We're going to be in Kiev but only for 2 days, so 1 withdrawal will probably do it. We need about 400 euro worth over teh 2 days to pay for accommodation and the Chernobyl tour. Where we're staying is secure with a safe so happy to take the lot out when we arrive.

Question is, are we better off withdrawing from an ATM at the airport, or get it from a bank in Ireland? Or much of muchness??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Anyone got any experience?

We're going to be in Kiev but only for 2 days, so 1 withdrawal will probably do it. We need about 400 euro worth over teh 2 days to pay for accommodation and the Chernobyl tour. Where we're staying is secure with a safe so happy to take the lot out when we arrive.

Question is, are we better off withdrawing from an ATM at the airport, or get it from a bank in Ireland? Or much of muchness??

I'd check with the bank that you have the World Profile enabled on your card, many banks have implemented an EEA profile on their cards so you need to tell them before you go.

Also check your daily limit.

Probably easier to get the currency from your bank though, if it was me I would just withdraw it there, never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I just used my Permanent TSB ATM card in Lviv (western Ukraine). No problem at all. We had taken survival money in euros just in case it didn't work, but we had no hassles.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,184 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Some countries outside EU even the US have restrictions in place from your bank of €150 or less withdrawls per day, check with your bank first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Thanks for the info. Used the card in SE Asia before no problems, will be ringing the bank tomorrow anyhow to let them know i'll be using the card over there, will ask if any restrictions.

Advertisement