Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mondello park

Options
  • 29-04-2015 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Anyone been to mondello for photography
    There is some motorcycle racing on in may and was just wondering if there is good access to take good photos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭LUZ

ive taken a few photos there before, it was a private car club event so im not sure if it would be the same access, but i was trackside and near the garages (?) im not a car person, lol, but heres a link to the photos, it might help you get an idea of the place.

http://lucytakesphotos.com/2012/10/28/octane-ie-trackday-13/

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Thanks for that. Its only 12.50 in i think so not a big deal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

These are some shots I took there a few years ago

We had access to the track and pits. We were required to submit some images for the use of the Track and the best shot got a prize of a Driving Day in an Open Wheeler. I won the prize for one of mine, but as I was back in Australia then I never got to collect my winnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

If you go right up the back of the yard behind the pits you should get some decent pics through the holes in the fence as the bikes come around the long left-handier there.

It's a decent location as you'll get reasonably close and get fairly decent left-to-right pics as they'll be moving relatively slow past you.

Cerbera wrote: »
    If you go right up the back of the yard behind the pits you should get some decent pics through the holes in the fence as the bikes come around the long left-handier there.

It's a decent location as you'll get reasonably close and get fairly decent left-to-right pics as they'll be moving relatively slow past you.

Thanks for the replies

• Advertisement

Went to the Adaleide masters on saturday morning
    Was a great day out with lots of access for photos and very friendly people plus lots of noise
    Here is a few pictures i took c&c most welcome

18049186682_ddfa456d6f_c.jpgUntitled by stephen harborne, on Flickr

18025916496_fa6df56994_c.jpgUntitled by stephen harborne, on Flickr

18048955862_b39cf294f4_c.jpgUntitled by stephen harborne, on Flickr

more on flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

One thing I've found is that you need to use panning to give a sense of speed/movement. Otherwise the shots look very static, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

kelly1 wrote: »
    One thing I've found is that you need to use panning to give a sense of speed/movement. Otherwise the shots look very static, IMO.

Would agree with your view Kelly1. It takes a bit of practice but with a little patience you can get fairly good results. I made a mess of quite a few shots but once you get to judge the bike and its line and have your camera set up correctly you will nail a shot after a few attempts.

I go to grass tract racing and if you have a look at Milverton off road motorcycle club on facebook you will see what people can get.
    The bikes dont go as fast so it was easier to try panning. If you get to event early and sign disclaimer you are given a bib and can head to an area start/finish or the first or second corner where there is always jostling for position.

Cant wait to try it at Road racing in a few weeks. There are a few road racing events like Skerries 100 and Killalane in July and September in north Dublin and they are brilliant but it is very hard to get shots as access close to track is very strictly controlled. I tried panning there and made a b*#ls of it but I was at a fast part of the track where they were hitting close to 150kmph

Yes i found it quiet difficult to get the panning right but really enjoyed my time there the noise was fantastic and the people were really friendly.

What i found strange was the fact there was a 7 foot fence around the whole track but you could walk across the pit lane and take pictures of the main straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

Zebrano wrote: »
    Yes i found it quiet difficult to get the panning right but really enjoyed my time there the noise was fantastic and the people were really friendly.

What i found strange was the fact there was a 7 foot fence around the whole track but you could walk across the pit lane and take pictures of the main straight.

You shouldn't have , pitlane is supposed to be for the crew of the race that's underway only , sometimes they don't have enough people to police it . There's a bike trackday on Sunday , drop up if you're around , there's no problem going onto pitlane and with the different groups the pace is a lot slower , handy for practicing . The last couple of days were cancelled so double check it's on if you're heading up .

• Advertisement
Advertisement