Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden poles

Options
  • 29-04-2015 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

I'm looking for wooden poles like oversize wooden dowels about 40-50mm diameter for a design I'm working on, preferably in white oak. I was working in Germany a few years back and used to be able to buy them in hardware stores but have not been able to find them here yet.

I looked at broom handles but they're generally not of the quality I'm after. Also curtain rails but with the finials and such they can be really pricey and I don't want to just waste the spare parts. I'd also prefer they were unfinished. Anyone know any places that might stock such a thing?

I was going to post this in the timber thread but figured it might be an unusual request. I can delete it and move the request there if the mods prefer.

Comments

Advertisement