Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fillings done before wisdom extraction

Options
  • 28-04-2015 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

As the title suggests can I get fillings done before wisdom teeth extraction? I've a dose of fillings to get and I've 4 weeks to go before extraction so was wondering can I get some fillings done beforehand? Or is there a reason I can't?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

As the title suggests can I get fillings done before wisdom teeth extraction? I've a dose of fillings to get and I've 4 weeks to go before extraction so was wondering can I get some fillings done beforehand? Or is there a reason I can't?

In my experience you can work away with all necessary fillings with the exception of filling decay in the tooth directly adjacent to the wisdom tooth to be removed...
    Often the impacted wisdom tooth has caused decay in the adjacent tooth and the only way of effectively filling that tooth is when the impacted wisdom tooth is gone...

Advertisement