Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my mother got redundency/outta work welfare entitlments?

Options
  • 28-04-2015 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

My mum, got redundency after her workplace closed about two weeks ago,
    shes being going into the social welfare to sign on etc and follow proceedure for welfare...
    while without a job.....

SHe worked parttime hours in that shop for a good twenty years etc etc all the stamps etc

I think shes losing it a bit, at least I wouldnt blame her becuase prob like usual they seem to be making her jump thru hoops for welfare,

I though Id seek some info here;
    I donrt know exactly all the process shes been thru at this stage but she told me, to get welfare
    "the man" said you have to be available for and actively seeking FULLTIME work, to receive welfare while outta work-this seems bizarre she only can give up parttime hours for work, which she has for the last twenty plus years-so how come this lad said that, and why wouldnt she be entitled to some sort of welfare, if shes only available for parttime work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

She should just say she is available for full-time work and then if part-time work comes up, she can take it and sign off. There is no reason to worry about that and as someone who has worked for a long time, I don't think they will be that hard on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,765 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Moved from Work and Jobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

Jobseekers Benefits rules are that she must be looking for full time work.
    If she insists that she's only available for part time work then she's disqualified.
    There's no way round this.
    Use this information when making your next move.

Advertisement