Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday 29/04

Options
  • 28-04-2015 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping the rain stays away but I think 6.40 Punchestown Baby Mix 14/1 is very, very interesting. Returned with a fine effort on the back of a 16 month absence and a serious injury at Aintree with a good 6th in a 2m handicap chase for which he is dropped 2lb to a mark of 133. He should appreciate the step back up to 2m4f no end and there is no doubt in my mind he's on a very good mark. He'll definitely prove sharper for his recent return and as long as he doesn't bounce on the back of just a 20 day absence I think this English raider will run a huge race for Warren Greatrex.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Got a fair sized bet on at 16's. I'd say him and Turban are pricewised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Got a fair sized bet on at 16's. I'd say him and Turban are pricewised.

Yeah the pair of them have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

rossom wrote: »
    I'm hoping the rain stays away but I think 6.40 Punchestown Baby Mix 14/1 is very, very interesting. Returned with a fine effort on the back of a 16 month absence and a serious injury at Aintree with a good 6th in a 2m handicap chase for which he is dropped 2lb to a mark of 133. He should appreciate the step back up to 2m4f no end and there is no doubt in my mind he's on a very good mark. He'll definitely prove sharper for his recent return and as long as he doesn't bounce on the back of just a 20 day absence I think this English raider will run a huge race for Warren Greatrex.

Would the ground not be a concern as its chucking it down tonight and looking at his form it looks like he needs good which i doubt he will get tomorrow.?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Modus in the champ bumper for me, great ew bet at 11/2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Backed fleix yonger on my blog a few weeks ago at 10/1 advised and on thurs we have lieut colornal at 10/1. Tomorrow though i fancy thistlcrack ew at 8/1 if the ground doesnt go to soft and art of logistics ew in the cap chase at 14/1. We are on twitter under @Antepostbetting as we do alot ante post but have a profit of 500 to the ten this season national hunt mainly

• Advertisement

gazza1 wrote: »
    Would the ground not be a concern as its chucking it down tonight and looking at his form it looks like he needs good which i doubt he will get tomorrow.?

Yeah ground a concern. First few words I used were hope the rain stays away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Yeah ground a concern. First few words I used were hope the rain stays away.

Apologies mate that bit just didnt sink in when i read it. Thanks for getting back and gl

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Can't wait to see Limato return today.

Johner wrote: »
    Can't wait to see Limato return today.

Me neither. If he has progressed in the manner you would have expected from 2 to 3 then we could have an absolute sprinting superstar on her hands for the next few years. Slightly disconcerting though that Candy has said he's not as sparkling in his work on the gallops this year and that he hope that's just because he's maturing as opposed to he hasn't trained on.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Punchestown Going Report:

Chase/Hurdle/Bumper - Good to Yielding

Cross Country - Good, Good to firm in places

Rainfall: 5mm overnight

Weather Forecast: Unsettled forecast with showers this afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

4.55: No More Heroes 10/3 - Honestly cannot fathom how Shaneshill is so much shorter than No More Heroes here. The Mullins horse has never struck me as a stayer and definitely got outstayed by NMH in Navan at start of season. Yes, he was very good behind Douvan and ultra impressive lto at Fairyhouse but he beat the inconsistent Outlander, who Robbie Mac was absolutely adamant on the Final Furlong Podcast can't be trusted and I think that's definitely the case. The rest in behind at Fairyhouse were very average and weighing up that he's priced on Mullins factor & visual impression lto, not form over the trip, I think that makes NMH a bet at 10/3. I'd be slightly worried about Tistlecrack as a danger but just feel on today's going, Elliot's will prove classier.

5.30: Don Cossack 3/1 - I've always been a big Djackadam fan and backed him at 16s for the Gold Cup. However, having seen Mullins comments at the press day, that he hadn't been impressing him but if he shows anything beforehand he'll run, doesn't inspire confidence. I know Don Cossack has had more runs than the two main rivals this season but I just can't get away from how much a toll it could have taken out of Djackadam and Road to Riches chasing the beast Coneygree home on terrible ground. I've never really been a big Don Cossack fan but the way he won at Aintree convinced me that he's well capable of putting the rest to the sword in the exact same style as Coneygree.

Singles and Win Double

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Barney Curley as 6 horses going @ Wolverhampton today. Might do a lucky 63

Me neither. If he has progressed in the manner you would have expected from 2 to 3 then we could have an absolute sprinting superstar on her hands for the next few years. Slightly disconcerting though that Candy has said he's not as sparkling in his work on the gallops this year and that he hope that's just because he's maturing as opposed to he hasn't trained on.

Here's hoping, my neighbour bred Limato! sold him as a yearling and still has the dam. He got 90,000gns for a half sister at the sales last October, she's got some fancy entries as well. If Limato trains on he'll be an absolute monster and my neighbour will be looking at some big cash for his siblings. I'm sure he's been back to Tagula anyway with the mare.

The ease of which he beat Cotai Glory and then Mattmu both of whom have proved to be Group animals after is very exciting. We'll see today anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Barney Curley as 6 horses going @ Wolverhampton today. Might do a lucky 63

13:45 Paradise Spectre @ 33/1
    14:15 Standing Strong @ 16/1
    14:45 Prohibition @ 12/1
    15:55 Ecliptic Sunrise @ 4/1
    16: 30 Elis Eliz @ 4/1
    17:05 Pipers Piping @ 3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

I've gone with Matraash for 2:15 wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

13:45 Paradise Spectre @ 33/1
    14:15 Standing Strong @ 16/1
    14:45 Prohibition @ 12/1
    15:55 Ecliptic Sunrise @ 4/1
    16: 30 Elis Eliz @ 4/1
    17:05 Pipers Piping @ 3/1

3 down, doesn't look like a coup anyway... will have a nibble on the next 3 for the interest though.

Absolute superstar Limato is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

thanks for the tip lads. absolutely pissed it.

I was going to have an absolutely whopper bet on him until I saw Henry Candy's comments. Damn you Henry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

I was going to have an absolutely whopper bet on him until I saw Henry Candy's comments. Damn you Henry!

where will they go next with Limato?

• Advertisement

where will they go next with Limato?

The new 6f Group 1 at Royal Ascot for 3 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,430 ✭✭✭✭cson

Got word for Supasundae in the next.

Baby Mix ran a blinder but found one too good unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Mac-Chops

Baby Mix ran a blinder but found one too good unfortunately.

Got on e/w @ 10s. Profit is profit, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Never back a horse that has ashley Morgan on it's back , It was painful to watch the ride she gave that horse, it came out the stalls got sandwiched between 2 horses and got shuffled back so she try's to make the ground up going 4 deep round the field on a bend .

• Registered Users Posts: 42 awwalsh

Never back a horse that has ashley Morgan on it's back , It was painful to watch the ride she gave that horse, it came out the stalls got sandwiched between 2 horses and got shuffled back so she try's to make the ground up going 4 deep round the field on a bend .

Pretty sure Ashley is a he, not a she. But you're right - not great at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

jimjamcos wrote: »
    4.55: No More Heroes 10/3 - Honestly cannot fathom how Shaneshill is so much shorter than No More Heroes here. The Mullins horse has never struck me as a stayer and definitely got outstayed by NMH in Navan at start of season. Yes, he was very good behind Douvan and ultra impressive lto at Fairyhouse but he beat the inconsistent Outlander, who Robbie Mac was absolutely adamant on the Final Furlong Podcast can't be trusted and I think that's definitely the case. The rest in behind at Fairyhouse were very average and weighing up that he's priced on Mullins factor & visual impression lto, not form over the trip, I think that makes NMH a bet at 10/3. I'd be slightly worried about Tistlecrack as a danger but just feel on today's going, Elliot's will prove classier.

5.30: Don Cossack 3/1 - I've always been a big Djackadam fan and backed him at 16s for the Gold Cup. However, having seen Mullins comments at the press day, that he hadn't been impressing him but if he shows anything beforehand he'll run, doesn't inspire confidence. I know Don Cossack has had more runs than the two main rivals this season but I just can't get away from how much a toll it could have taken out of Djackadam and Road to Riches chasing the beast Coneygree home on terrible ground. I've never really been a big Don Cossack fan but the way he won at Aintree convinced me that he's well capable of putting the rest to the sword in the exact same style as Coneygree.

Singles and Win Double

NMH a big dissapointment, maybe not one to trust, but Don Cossack won as expected. Serious improvement been found in that animal by Elliot.!

Advertisement