Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First boudoir photoshoot

Options
  • 28-04-2015 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Any tips besides "Don't drool!" are welcome (I will regardless of the warning :).

The questions on my mind right now are: Where do you guys usually shoot? What kind of lighting and gear?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭amdgilmore

Kaibutsu wrote: »
    Any tips besides "Don't drool!" are welcome (I will regardless of the warning :).

I haven't done boudoir, but I have done a few studio shoots, some of which involved partial nudity.

And to be honest, I'd start by not making any jokes like the one above. It's a professional environment. If you wouldn't say it to a female co-worker in an office, you don't say it to (or about) a model in a shoot either. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Kaibutsu

amdgilmore wrote: »
    I haven't done boudoir, but I have done a few studio shoots, some of which involved partial nudity.

And to be honest, I'd start by not making any jokes like the one above. It's a professional environment. If you wouldn't say it to a female co-worker in an office, you don't say it to (or about) a model in a shoot either. :)

I'm aware of that, don't worry. But thanks anyways. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭LUZ

I've done a lot of boudoir, I love it, usually I book a hotel room. I have a continuous light and a big softbox which I use like a window if it's really dark, but I do prefer to keep things natural looking.lens I use is a 50 mm on crop body which can be a bit tight in a small room but it's a great lens. I'm a girl so I don't know if that helps, I think I get a good feel for what the client wants to get out of the shoot as well which makes them relax a bit more. It's good to have some knowledge on how to pose bodies but it takes a bit of practice. So far I've never had anyone freeze up on me. I've always worked with 'normal' people not models.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭LUZ

Biggest tip is to make the client feel comfortable with you, crack silly jokes, tell them they're doing really well, keep the room warm, have a dressing gown nearby and think outside the norm of what is sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Kaibutsu

LUZ wrote: »
    Biggest tip is to make the client feel comfortable with you, crack silly jokes, tell them they're doing really well, keep the room warm, have a dressing gown nearby and think outside the norm of what is sexy.

Thx, LUZ. Those tips all make perfect sense. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement