Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flexirent for Canon 70D

Options
  • 28-04-2015 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi Guys

I went into Harvey Norman today to buy a lovely new canon 70D camera. I wanted to pay using Flexirent. The Harvey Norman assistant rang up Flexrent and put me on the phone to them. What was suppose to be a 10 mins process dragged on and on. can you send us on this document, can you send us on that document we'll phone you back in 10 mins. Then the next step - what did you have for breakfast- we'll phone you back in 10 mins. An hour later it still wasn't resolved and I had to go back to work. I told the guy in Harvey Norman that I would come back in at 5.30 to finish the process, but to be honest I got a bad vibe from the whole experience. I have done some research and Flexirent are not getting good reviews. Over charging and being misleading.

I think it may be better to just pay for it straight out.

Has anyone else had a similar experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭corvus4906

As a a fellow 70D owner welcome to the club :P

Its a pricey camera new, i managed to get through a friends company account on pixmania-pro so got cheaper. My bro bought a Nikon last month on euglobalcentral and it was cheaper than anywhere however i don't think the warranty works over here (they come from abroad).

Would deffo recommend the 70D but if its a first camera, get nicer lenses and a more basic camera. I ended up spending a fortune on lenses after first buying the 70D. In retrospect I woulda bought lenses first with an entry level.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Did you calculate the cost of renting it? IMHO Flexirent is just throwing your money away. 70D is slightly cheaper in Argos and they'll do 6 months interest free.

Did you calculate the cost of renting it? IMHO Flexirent is just throwing your money away. 70D is slightly cheaper in Argos and they'll do 6 months interest free.

No I bought it outright: it's €1009 in Argos

But on euglobalcentral it's €789.99.

Just get it insured /add it to your house insurance and it will cover breakage/loss in place of the warranty issue.
    Def the cheaper option

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Not you, OP ^^.

my bad :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭vandriver

Apr on flexirent is about 45% !!!!!
    is there not a local loan shark you could get a better rate from?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

vandriver wrote: »
    Apr on flexirent is about 45% !!!!!
    is there not a local loan shark you could get a better rate from?

Fooook that. Surely a second hand 60D is a better option than getting involved in that madness.

Or a credit union loan or similar?

Advertisement